PDA

View Full Version : Lube auctions at gunloads, need info

lar45
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi all, I'm sure we've all noticed that the gunloads auction site is closed. :(
I'd like to say thank you for trying to make a gun friendly site.

If anyone has bid on one of my bullet lube auctions, please e-mail me with the details so I can get it out.
idahobronco@aol.com or sales@lsstuff.com
Thanks
Glenn.

PatMarlin
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
How well does your Carnuba Red work with a Lyman 45 Glenn?

Buckshot
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
...............I've been using it in the past couple hundred rounds of 7.62x54R and for the slugs I've been putting through my new Rossi M92. No complaints form me. As I mentioned on the Leverguns forum, after 150 rounds of ammo through it on it's first outing, the bore cleaned up after brushing with 4 patches. Probably a nice barrel too, but it's obvious the lube was working :-)

...............Buckshot

lar45
12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
How well does your Carnuba Red work with a Lyman 45 Glenn?
I have a Lyman 450 and RCBS. I've had no problems in either. I was putting a 5/16 hole in them, but just switched to a 3/8" hole so the sticks will go in easier.
I was just pouring my luber full while I had a batch going, but loaded it with a stick the other day and noticed that it was a pain. The softer Alox lubes go in fine with the 5/16 hole.
The lube does need a heater at about 100 F. Don't have too much pressure on the lube or it will start pushing up a thin thread around the center plug.
I have my luber mounted on a long steel plate and then sit a thrift store Iron on the back of it. I turn it up to 9 to get things started. When the luber is warm I turn it down to 2 or less. It works great and cost around $4.50 for everything includeing the bolts.
I've been meaning to get some steel plates cut and drilled for all lubers mounting patterns, but life has been way too busy.(and now I was volunteered to do some council work with the Cub Scouts. Just 1 hour a week? I wish)

As I've posted before, if anyone would like to try a sample, just e-mail me your address and which lube(s) you want to try. I have solid and hollow of everything but the BPCR lube on hand. I now have the Carnauba Red in 2x6" sticks.
idahobronco@aol.com or sales@lsstuff.com or PM here.
If you don't get an answer, please send it again.
info at www.lsstuff.com/lube

tanstafl10
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
PatMarlin

I have a 450 and use a heat gun to warm it up before lubing with Carnuba red. Works real well, you will not be disappointed.

Have fun an shoot a lot!!