PDA

View Full Version : Burris FastFire II

Roundnoser
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Thinking getting one of these for my SW 686. Does anyone here own one. Pros and cons? Reliability?

I plan to use the pistol for steel plates, bullseye, and freindly club competitions. Oh, and I'm shooting light target loads. Thanks.

Combat Diver
03-30-2011, 02:02 AM
Don't have the Burris but couple of JPoints. Thinking about putting one of them on a CZ75. Used a JPoint on top of a ACOG scope in Iraq for 6 months. Never failed and gave me a red dot for close in shooting.
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/P5280009_M4_rz.jpg

CD

Larry Gibson
03-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Roundnoser

I use a Burris Fast Fire II on my Ruger Bisley .41. I really like itl Small sights like that are not 'readily" adjustable but once zeroed they work very well. I intially used the Weaber no drill base on the Bisley but that put the sight too high for my tastes. I the D&Ted the top strap for a thin flat bottomed Weaver base. The iron rear sight stay on the revolver and is zeroed for back up and with a quarter or Leatherman the Burris is easily removed if necessary. The Weaver base is inobtrusive when the Burris is removed. I plan on another here shortly for another revolver or perhaps for a .45 ACP M98 Mauser I'm going to build (kit is on the way).

Larry Gibson

bobthenailer
03-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I currently owen a burris fast fire as well as a old tasco optima and a pride fowler special ops sight and have tried the doctor sight and truglows sight but sold both. out of those the PF special ops is hands down the best. I havent tried th JP sight
The burris works pretty good , if it wasent for the dot being in most cases to bright ! wearing sun glasses helps at times , and or putting some masking tape over the light sensor on the front of the sight , sometimes a few layers to get the dot intensity i prefer but the problem is when the outside lighting changes you may have to add or remove some tape to get the dot intensity the way you may like it . but this is a problem with almost all brands of these self adj brightness small red dot sights some just better than others.

Combat Diver
03-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Forgot to say that I've got both a 4 MOA and 8 MOA dot. Your usage will depend on which size dot to use. On top of the ACOG I prefer a 8 MOA for close snap shoots. If on a pistol for longer range slow fire than a 4 MOA. Mine has a sight cover that allows the reddot to go to sleep and extends the battery life.

CD