PDA

View Full Version : Next Single Shot

Dragoon 45
03-28-2011, 07:02 PM
I am looking for my next single shot and am kind of undecided on what it should be. Eventually I will order a Shiloh, but for now I am leaning towards getting another High Wall. As I want either a .40-70 or .40-82, the Italian imports are out as are the Winchester/Browning imports also. Besides C Sharps, who makes a very good quality High Wall here in the US that can chamber in one of the .40 cals I prefer? It will shoot cast only, and probably BP only also.

I have lost track of High Wall manufacturers here in the states. C Sharps told me on the phone there would probably be at least a 6 month wait for the rifle to be made. I have been told Meachem doesn't build High Walls any more but can't confirm that.

Thank You for any suggestions you have.

NickSS
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM
I have a couple of C Sharps high walls and they are great rifles. The only other maker that may still be making high walls is Wyoming Armory in Cody Wy

Dragoon 45
03-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a couple of C Sharps high walls and they are great rifles. The only other maker that may still be making high walls is Wyoming Armory in Cody Wy

I thought they were making Ballards, did not know they made High Walls.