PDA

View Full Version : New .45 150 bullet mold available.

Adirondack Jack
12-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Just thought I'd pass this along. I recently bought a brandy new LEE 6 cav mold from biglube.com. Dick Dastardly has come out with a new mold for a 150 .45 bullet for use in ROA cap and ball guns and cartridges.

I run em in Cowboy .45 Special cases (see cowboy45special.com for what that's about) in rugers and marlins, and have even tried em in .45 ACP with good results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/adirondack_jack/EPP-UG-45-150-c-45-s-and-ac.jpg

The neat part, aside from the big lube groove that makes em BP friendly and don't hurt a thing for smokeless, is the slight rebate at the base. This makes it easy to start em both in cap and ball cylinders and in brass when loading. Very neat bullet.

Buckshot
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
............Cute looking little dudes!

.......Buckshot

ron brooks
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
That is probably the wave of the future, what with dwidllig supplies and what not. You can get three of those for the same amount of wheel weights as two of the old 552374 225 grain boolits.

Ron

Adirondack Jack
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
That is probably the wave of the future, what with dwidllig supplies and what not. You can get three of those for the same amount of wheel weights as two of the old 552374 225 grain boolits.

Ron
Works for me. If the mission is banging steel plates or fast and furious work on paper or pins, why use more than ya need to?

Even casting my own, I chase all over creation to BUY wheel weights, let alone alloy stock, so when I get 100 lbs melted into ingots, it's nice that they go further. Helps make up for the 15 to a lb .50-70s I shoot :)