PDA

View Full Version : H&R Model 1905 double action

Big Dave
03-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Got an old H&R revolver, 32 S&W caliber, 5 shot I have been working on. It seems to be missing at least one spring but am unable to locate an assembly drawing for it to be sure what is here and what isn't.
Anyone got any info or sources please help.

leftiye
03-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Have you looked at Gun Parts Corp/Numrich Arms? They have exploded drawings in their catalog. I think that online they make you pay to see them though. I have their catalog, and may be able to help. Especially if you have a model number. The techs at Brownell's are a good place to access. They also know a whole lot about sources of parts elsewhere. Ted

Big Dave
03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
leftiye

Yes I have checked with Gun Parts/ Numerich. They don't have a drawing for the 1905 Model. Nor is it listed in my NRA firearms assembly books. or my Guns Digest Exploded drawings book.
Anybody got other suggestions?????

Uncle45Auto
04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
The 1905 only has a few springs in it. I suppose you would know if the trigger return spring or the mainspring were at fault. That would leave the hand spring as the most likely problem, and the hand spring is the 2nd most commonly broken spring in these pistols, after the trigger return spring.

The hand spring does two important jobs in these revolvers: 1, it powers the hand which revolvs the cylinder and 2, it powers the lifter which connects the trigger to the hammer. If the hand spring (sometimes called the "lever spring" is not present or not adjusted properly your revolver cylinder will not turn and/or the hammer will not be lifted as you pull the trigger.

If the above is descriptive of your problem then order a hand spring or lever spring if that's what they call it.

Best regards,
Greg

Big Dave
04-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Thankyou Uncle45Auto,

That sounds like what I need but an assy. drawing would still be nice.