PDA

View Full Version : new gun

white eagle
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
picked up this new piece yesterday on gun broker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222177348

bigboredad
03-28-2011, 11:54 AM
that is funny I was so close to bidding on that then decided I had better wait. Well I'm glad it went to someone who will use and enjoy it instead of putting it in a safe. Checks the throats and let us know how it shoots. Nice grab

white eagle
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
oh you know I will
I am glad as well there was one other bid on it
just about perrrrrfct barrel length [smilie=w:
I will give Toms boolits a work out for sure
nuttin but cast the only copper will be g/c's:castmine:
:CastBoolitsisbest:

EDK
03-30-2011, 12:38 AM
I have 44s in this configuration and have been thinking real serious about a 45 BUT I want a convertible with the ACP cylinder also. This has to be the ultimate field carry pistol...or as John Taffin says "Perfect Packin' Pistol."

You did very well and at a reasonable price. Enjoy.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

BorderBrewer
03-30-2011, 01:25 AM
I have two of those stainless bisleys in 45 Colt and also in 357, 41 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45Colt/45acp convertible. Acusport used to bring out one in a new caliber every year. The recently available models are from Williams. Of all of them, my 45's are my favorite. You're gonna love it.

Longwood
03-30-2011, 01:34 AM
With Gunbroker , you are on your own. Not at all like ebay from what I hear.
I have seen some guns on Gunbroker I would like to bid on but the dealer I use has had too many problems getting something that was wrong then had a hard time, if ever, getting the money back.
They absolutely refuse to deal through them.

bisleyfan41
03-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I have dozens of firearms here bought on GB as well as a few from AA and GA. ZERO issues to date. Find another dealer that will transfer in the guns you want. Some guns will NEVER be found if you wait for them to show up locally.

Nice purchase!

GSP7
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Good score.

Ive bought many guns of GB and AA

When I see sellers that have " wont ship to Calif " or "No Calif Sales" send them a message to seller, "Thanks for supporting the Anti Gun crowd" or simular comment.
Ive found that when you get a reply from the seller alot of times they say they just have 'No Ca Sales" because they saw others with that in their add and they have no clue that its perfectly legal to sell to Ca.

Charlie Sometimes
03-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Great buy! :grin:
I had a fluted cylinder 44 Mag Bisley once upon a time, and traded it off in a moment of insanity. Ever since, I have wanted one in 45 Colt with the 45 ACP cylinder, too.
I have one of the older 4 5/8 BH conversions, and just love shooting it.

I'm sure you will enjoy shooting your new toy! [smilie=w:

Whitworth
03-30-2011, 03:46 PM
That's very nice! Congratulations!

white eagle
03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
tired of lookin at pictures of it though

Longwood
03-30-2011, 06:56 PM
I have dozens of firearms here bought on GB as well as a few from AA and GA. ZERO issues to date. Find another dealer that will transfer in the guns you want. Some guns will NEVER be found if you wait for them to show up locally.

Nice purchase!
Gee,,,, I know several people going to the drunk club meetings and had no idea Alcoholics Anonymous and the state of Georgia sold guns at auction.
Could you please post the links to their sites?

Rafe Covington
03-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Got one just like it, if yours shoots as good as mine you will enjoy it alot. Congrats on the new revolver.

Rafe:redneck:

Phat Man Mike
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Sweet .. hope it shoot's as good as it looks :)

white eagle
04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
man
feels like I found my right glove
love this Bisley grip frame
haven't shot it yet (tom)
had to open up the cylinder throats they were a tight .451
now they are a whopping .4525 while I had her down I put on a heavier
hammer spring now she snaps quick
no mo long hang time
love it
does it get any better ???:happy dance::awesome:

Rusty W
04-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I've been watching that same gun for nearly 2 weeks. I couldn't make up my mind on the .357 or .45. I didn't use the buy it now option but I wound up with it's twin. Well, not yet but it should be here toward the end of next week. If Rugers history is correct the one I purchased was made in 2005. I have a bid in for another one, thinking I wouldn't win the first one. I bid just a scoshe under $500.00 & won it. I guess someone was sleeping because there were 3 bids before me. If I wind up with 2 of them I'm going to swap the gripframe off of one and put it on my .327 Blackhawk. I'm new to the Bisley grip but I hear it's what to have for Ruger loads. I hope so because the 45 Convertible I have really digs into the side of my thumb with heavy loads.

white eagle
04-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I have a Blackhawk as well and I put Houge grips
on it and makes them J/L loads piece of cake

white eagle
04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
range results were steller
after me getting the sight adjusted and settling in I must
say I am impressed with this Ruger
the chambers seem to be smaller than my Blackhawk
which will be a brass saver fit and finish is excellent
definite keeper