PDA

View Full Version : got everything smelted

arjacobson
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I got some cabin fever this weekend and got my smelting done.. Ended up with 140lbs WW-80lbs PB-and last but not least 80LBS of solder. Feels good having the buckets cleaned up and ingotised!!

zuke
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
AHHHHH that warm tingly feeling.
Could be a break in Spring fever also!

captaint
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm getting very impatient waiting for some good smelting weather. I've got about 4 or 5 hundred pounds to get in ingots. And I need my space back.... Soon. enjoy Mike

arjacobson
03-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I got tired of seeing the buckets start to accumulate.. Now the garage looks empty again:-(..... Maybe the tire store will have more WW tomorrow..........

*Paladin*
03-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Shoot, if I get just 2 or 3 buckets sitting in the garage, I'm smelting. I prefer to see my lead in ingot form. I have pretty limited space in the garage, so I get it smelted down pretty quick.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to put off buying any WW's for a bit, because I just bought a buddies old Super Blackhawk. SWMBO would probably scalp me if I bought anymore WW's for the next month or two. It was worth it tho, it's a 1977 SBH (4-3/4" BBL) in .44 Mag, of course. It looks like new. Now I need a .44 mold!!!!

a.squibload
04-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Been working mine down, doing the soft stuff first so I have plenty to swage with.
Had to make another burner, mine was wimpy, now have 2 for more heat!
Trouble is I don't really have a lot of buckets to go through!

Always wanted a short SBH, mine's a 7½" 3-screw, the bluing is nice on the old ones. Maybe someday...