PDA

View Full Version : Casting article by mike V.

Jim
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Mike Venturino has an article in the April edition of Handloader called "Bullet Casting Basics". I thought it was a pretty good article.
Just thought i would mention it.

DGV
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Somewhat of a repeat of previous handloader article

edsmith
03-27-2011, 09:24 PM
nothing wrong with a repeat, I am sure there are a lot of folks that did'nt see the first one. repeat is good

Wayne Smith
03-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I liked that he mentioned the need for dedicated time and space to cast. Not something often mentioned but important.

WILCO
03-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked that he mentioned the need for dedicated time and space to cast. Not something often mentioned but important.

I agree. Dedicated time is one of my biggest problems to overcome. It's that way with all of my interests.

44man
03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Mike really knows how to cast and makes great boolits.
I just can't figure out where he finds all the hours in a day to make boolits for all he shoots!
I got up at dawn, had coffee, loaded 10 .44's for a Keith test, shot them, spun twice and the day is almost gone. :veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu
When is Mike going to tell me how he stretches time? :bigsmyl2:

DanM
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think that Mike is one of the best gun writers around, but when I read this article I couldn't help but wonder how he could write an article for beginning casters and not mention Lee products at all.

03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
"...I couldn't help but wonder how he could write an article for beginning casters and not mention Lee products at all."

Interesting, I had the same thought.

Bloodman14
03-28-2011, 07:55 PM
As Mike is a member here, and as he writes such good articles, what are the odds that his articles can be posted on this forum and made a 'sticky'? Or, perhaps, a sub-forum of his (and other writers) own?

krag35
03-29-2011, 12:35 AM
All I know is that Mike sold another isue of "Handloader" If he does not have an atrticle in it, I don't buy it. The article on light 16 ga loads was good as well, the rest, well the word chaf comes to mind.

Piedmont
03-29-2011, 01:47 AM
I'm liking that new guy, Terry Wieland. Reading his shotgun and shotgun reloading articles and I'm not even a shotgunner. Any guy that hunts with a guns over 100 years old is OK in my book.

9.3X62AL
03-29-2011, 03:04 AM
There may be copyright issues with "mirroring" an article published by "Handloader" or other periodicals. I don't know what Mike V's arrangements are with Wolfe Publications, but every time I've sold or given an article as a free-lance writer, the publisher wants to own the copyright control on its content. When I have been paid, that is the consideration received for surrender of copyright to the publisher.