PDA

View Full Version : Bullet trap?

drklynoon
03-27-2011, 11:24 AM
So I've been running into some trouble finding WW's; consequently, I have been considering a bullet trap. At first I thought about stell plating and blah, blah, blah then I stumbled across a post about rubber mulch. Genious, I say to myself, now to figure out what is required to make this work. Well I went shopping and rubber mulch is about 7 bucks a bag not bad. But an investment of 70 or more dollars requires some feedback. Have any of you tried to make a bullet trap using this method? If so, did it work? I have been trying to work out all the variables in my head to no avail. The post I found, the gentleman made his box out of chipboard and it was 18' X 18" by 24" deep. I thought hmmm thats about the size of one of my ginormous Uhaul boxes. This would save build time and to replace would be a cinch, I've got tons of these things laying around. Before I go hog wild though I wanted to get your feedback on the rubber mulch bullet trap.

.30/30 Guy
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I have been using a rubber mulch boolit trap with great success. I do not think that the Uhall boxes would work. The boolits tend to compact the rubber in the back part of the box. I suppect that you would be getting the cardboard boxes splitting. I would suggest that you look at what size of groups you are shooting and size the box according to your group size. I am using two boxes. One for my .30/30 rifle and another for my .357 mag pistols. Check the post on the rubber mulch sticky to see how deep you need to make your box/boxes.

drklynoon
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Ugghhh I didn't see the sticky. Dolt thanks.