PDA

View Full Version : My sons 44 mag

pat g
03-26-2011, 09:45 PM
My son came up to our home in Wisconsin this weekend.
I gave him a Ruger SBH 44 mag for Christmas.
He cast his own bullets, loaded his own, and then shoot them.
He trully enjoyed the fact that he shot his own cast bullets.
Of course he is 34 years old but it was like he 10 again.
Trully a fun weekend.

Pat

white eagle
03-26-2011, 10:02 PM
congrats
I gave my son a 357 mag for his birthday(21)
nothing like the feeling of having your son with ya enjoying the same things you do
enjoy
where abouts are ya ???

Firebricker
03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Shooting your own cast reloads is definitely more satisfying than picking up a box of cheap target rounds. Not to mention the price. I checked prices of factory .44 Mag and .45 Colt ammo recently WOW sticker shock to say the least. Glad to hear you guys had good weekend with it. FB

*Paladin*
03-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Shooting your own cast reloads is definitely more satisfying than picking up a box of cheap target rounds. Not to mention the price. I checked prices of factory .44 Mag and .45 Colt ammo recently WOW sticker shock to say the least. Glad to hear you guys had good weekend with it. FB

No kidding!!! I just bought a .44. I don't have a mold or brass for it yet, so I looked at store-bought ammo. $36 for a box of crappy CCI Blazers!!! I about had a heart attack. I'll just wait until I get a mold...

songdog53
03-28-2011, 08:37 AM
My newest 44mag a 4" 629 has only tasted lead boolits and going to stay that way. Even reloading using the J bullets can get expensive, plus i rather shoot what works best for me and new factory ammo is going the way as gas. Plus all the enjoyment that comes with shooting boolits you have made and loaded yourself.

Moonie
04-04-2011, 02:05 PM
My oldest son sent me pictures of the gun he is contemplating. It was a 1911, brought a tear to my eye, just like his father and brother.