PDA

View Full Version : Just Want To Say.....

Joey
12-01-2006, 08:59 PM
THANKS to all who post here. I learn something new every day. You guys are a dedicated bunch.:drinks:

waksupi
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Joey, as much as we all hate to admit it, sometimes the info even relates to cast boolits!

OLPDon
12-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Joey and Waksupi YOU BOTH NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!! Single MOA @ 300yrds. worth.
Ditto here.
Don

Buckshot
12-04-2006, 01:45 PM
.................I just come here for the beer.

............Buckshot

kywoodwrkr
12-04-2006, 01:48 PM
The pretzels are fresh also.
Well, at the beginning of the week anyway.
DaveP

OLPDon
12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Buckshot and I thought I was the only one!!!!!!
I don't feel guilty now Thanks
.............Don

Cloudpeak
12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
.................I just come here for the beer.

............Buckshot

How many posts do you have to have before you get in on the beer?

Yep, I agree. This is one of the best groups I've seen on the net.

Cloudpeak

piwo
12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Too new to say anything intelligent other then yeah: I'm learning something everyday here just surfin and stickin my nose in every now and then.:Fire:

44man
12-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Sorry guys, I will keg my beer tomorrow but it will be a week or more before it is good. Store bought will have to do you.

TCLouis
12-04-2006, 09:39 PM
to look at that picture with Buckshot and the guy with the neckerchef. I keep wondering who the guy with the neckerchef is.
All said and done this is a great place to share knowledge and opinion and learn from those that send mucho lead downrange.

piwo
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry guys, I will keg my beer tomorrow but it will be a week or more before it is good. Store bought will have to do you.

piwo=BEER! :drinks:

mag_01
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
:coffee: -----Good to have you here Joey-----Lots of good info. here and good people

45nut
12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
I hang out here cuz I kinda feel obligated to the puppy I started about 4 years ago.
Forums usually are like puppies I figure,,mostly fun and occasionally wiping up puddles on the kitchen floor. :)
With a slim margin for success I asked for a few old timers from shooters to come along and try keeping a boolits only forum alive. Well,, we seem to have found a niche' and carved out a home on the www for us silver stream fanciers.
Thanking Buckshot,Dep Al,Waksupi,NV Curmudgeon,Trp Bret,Waksupi and Krag 35 for being on the team is a meager start I realize. Willy's generous hosting meant moving out of the stone age and into the modern forum world,cant thank him enough. :bowdown:
The width and depth of the knowledge shared here humbles me at times,but no-one seems to want anything but to pass along great information.
Light hearted off topic runs are not without merit,nor will they ever cease I hope.
The 2,200+ members make the forum,we are fortunate in having resources by the ton in making this a place to be. Keeping up with the posts is a chore if you aren't careful,but that's not a burden I would care to dismiss.
Thanks to everyone for helping out,dropping by and making the bet a winner.

VTDW
12-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Joey,

I am with you 100% bro. I have found this site to be the very best on the net bar none. I belong to lots of great forums but this one is my favorite!!

My thanks to Ranch Dog for pointing me in this direction and my thanks to all who contribute their knowledge to help us newbies out with patience and understanding.:drinks:

The keg is at my house...come on over.

Dave

MacGregor
12-05-2006, 09:42 AM
someone say keg?

eka
12-05-2006, 10:11 AM
Another thank you here as well.

I've been casting my own for about two years now. With the information given here daily, I have been able to assemble my equipment and develope my technique to a level that would have literally taken decades of trial and error. I have been able to make intelligent buying decisions based upon the recommendations of you great guys and I'm sure saved a bunch of money by not buy useless items. I've also borrowed a lot of great ideas and use quiet a bit of homemade things. I'm proud to be a member of this group.

:drinks:

Keith

44man
12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Yup, KEG! I have my beer in the keg and am making a new batch right now to use the same yeast. I don't use any buffler chips either! All grain and I am sorry I can't send any over this durn puter.

MacGregor
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
there ya go 44man... i have 10 gallons of imperial pilsner lagering right now, and i've collected the yeast for doing a black lager here this weekend..

Pilgrim
12-05-2006, 01:26 PM
The last beer I made was ~ 1970. I borrowed a hydrometer (? or some gadget like that) to check the alcohol content and make sure the fermenting was essentially done, etc etc. I then bottled them mostly in quart bottles, capped them and stuck them under a bench in the laundry room to age a bit. After a couple of weeks we started having small explosions and cascades of beer in the laundry room. It was a mess to clean up, and handling and opening the bottles that hadn't yet exploded was tense to say the least. That was my first and last attempt at making beer. I may have to give it more thought as $7 for a six pack (Alaskan Amber) gets old fast. Pilgrim

Thales
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM
As a person new to casting, and since I mostly just lurk, I'd like to thank everyone for all the info here as well.

Thanks.

[smilie=w:

MacGregor
12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
that smoked alaskan porter is gooood stuff too

Hunter
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I myself have picked up several great tips here. So far all my casting has been succesful because of no small part from this forum. Thanks yall.