PDA

View Full Version : Mihec sprue plate screw lock screw

justingrosche
03-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Any one know the thread pitch of the tension screw on a Mihec mold? Lost one last night.:groner: Hope to hell it aint metric.
Justin

zuke
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
even if it is you can re-tap it.

captaint
03-26-2011, 06:05 PM
You can pretty well bet that it is metric. Not to worry. You should be able to go to any decent machine shop supply, or similar and get what you need. Don't know about Loews and whonot though. Before you do the install, it's a great idea to drop a piece of lead shot in the hole and then tighten. Or, better yet (someone else's idea here) cut a small section of solid copper wire of proper size and drop that in. Keeps the screw from getting damaged. enjoy Mike

bertus
03-27-2011, 03:18 AM
if hard to get send me a Pm metric over here is easy to get,my man cave is loaded with bolts and nuts

Oscar

Springfield
03-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Most hardware stores carry metric bolts and setscrews.

Calamity Jake
03-27-2011, 10:10 AM
ACE is about the best around here.

Moonie
03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I lost one out of my first Mihec not long after I started using it. Couldn't find a set screw that would fit, Miha sent me some at no charge, really can't beat that, except the wait. I just asked him where I could get some.

Dale53
03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
The metric screw should be available at any good hardware store. You may not be able to find a set screw, but you can use an allen head cap screw. Take the mould in with you.

Lowe's and Home Depot have a good selection but I tend to use a local "Mom & Pop" Hardware store for those types of items. We also have a local Fastenal Store - they have nearly everything you can imagine.

Dale53

Ilwil
03-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Justin, find a Tacoma Screw Products outlet; everything you need in metric, and they are very helpful.

Shuz
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Any one know the thread pitch of the tension screw on a Mihec mold? Lost one last night.:groner: Hope to hell it aint metric.
Justin

Send a message to Miha and just ask him what the dimensions are. I'm sure that you can then get what you need at either Ace Hardware or Lowe's.

*Paladin*
03-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Look in the phone book and see if you have a Fastenal location near you. They have pretty much every screw, nut and bolt known to man.

justingrosche
03-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks guys I think there is a Tacoma Screw place in Kent, just down the road. I do still wish I knew what the size was so i do have to" try it and see" and strip my threads. I'm fairly certain the guys at the screw shop are knowledgeable enough to figure it out. It's what they do , right?

MiHec
03-29-2011, 03:22 AM
It is M6.
Set screws are M4