PDA

View Full Version : alliant power pistol

johniv
12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi all, Does anyone here load Power pistol in the .357 using cast? I have a # or 2 ,and find only max loads with Jacketed slugs. I can of course work up something but I thought I would ask, is there a reason for no loads listed in Alliants book for this powder and cast???
Thanks
John

slughammer
12-01-2006, 06:13 PM
I think the lack of data is because of the short magnum craze. It seems they have only put fourth the effort to cover their largest possible market.

I have some Power Pistol on hand for use in 9mm. (More work to be done on my part though). From the charts it looks to be between Unique and Blue Dot. Conveniently it meters as good as Bullseye. I'd start with Unique level loads and work up.

johniv
12-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try . Should be no problem, but the lack of data for cast made me think it might give some kind of problem,
John

Rick N Bama
12-01-2006, 10:32 PM
I've used Power Pistol for both cast & Jwords. It's the best powder I've found for a 158gr Remington SJHP bullet. Good enough to bust clays at 100 yards when shot from a rest. I've not had the same success using it in my cast loads.

Rick

AlaskaMike
12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
I like 8 grains of Power Pistol with a 158 grain SWC in my S&W Mdl. 28.

Mike