PDA

View Full Version : 410 gr. SWC 458 dia.

MtJerry
12-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I would LOVE to have a mould that makes these boolits. Anyone ever seen or know where I can get one.

This picture is from an online dealer ... it is listed as an NEI 45.410 but I can't find anything about it.

It's basically a 458 dia. Keith style boolit.

http://www.westernbullet.com/cbip/images/b45.410.jpg

onceabull
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
MtJerry: might be NEI #340 ?? I can't get a clear enough view on the website, but you could inquire (neihandtools.com) I have looked with some interest at Western's offering but have yet to commit, would probably try some of theirs before shelling out for a new mould,though...Goodluck, Onceabull

MT Gianni
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Jon V. owns Western Bullets and when I lived in Missoula I tried not to let 2 weeks go by without stopping in. He gets a lot of estate sale molds and has some quality molds that he casts with. I can reccommend him as a great guy to deal with and he has a wish list of molds he will watch out for though he definately takes cash in hand before he checks the list. He hits a lot of gun shows and you might ask when he will be in the area if you want to save on shipping. He also will sale as cast if you want to size and lube your own. Gianni.

Hackleback
12-01-2006, 06:17 PM
:castmine: Looks like potential Group Buy material to me :Fire:

MtJerry
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Jon V. owns Western Bullets and when I lived in Missoula I tried not to let 2 weeks go by without stopping in. He gets a lot of estate sale molds and has some quality molds that he casts with. I can reccommend him as a great guy to deal with and he has a wish list of molds he will watch out for though he definately takes cash in hand before he checks the list. He hits a lot of gun shows and you might ask when he will be in the area if you want to save on shipping. He also will sale as cast if you want to size and lube your own. Gianni.

I have bought from Jon several times before I started pouring my own. He makes GOOD boolits and is a very knowledgeable fella on the phone.

I'd LOVE to have this mould ... it just screams "i'm an Elk and you need to drill a nice clean hole in me."

MtJerry
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Looks like potential Group Buy material to me

I was'a hopin' someone would say that ...

MT Chambers
12-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Some Marlins don't feed SWCs so well as the sharp shoulder on first driving band gets hung up...might be good to know before you shell out for the mould.

RANGER RICK
12-02-2006, 02:21 AM
I have the NEI catalog and it does look like #340.
The catalog lists it as a 385 Grain BB .
My last mold a couple weeks ago was listed as a 365 Grain and with WW they come out at 400 Grains so that might very well be the mold .

RR