PDA

View Full Version : I made progress today

frkelly74
03-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I had to get tires for the kidmobile today so I went to a place where they know me by sight. We bought our last two cars there and our kids had played a little concert for them on their violins. ( 6, 10, 12 and they can do a version of amazing grace that has everyone singing and /or teared up in three verses.) So they remembered me. I got tires and an alignment but before I said "do it" I asked if they had wheel weights. I should have gone in last week, they had just scrapped a bunch. But they had a few that they could give me and promised more when they are available. You can bet I will check back in with them. So when the manager was talking to me he asked what I was going to do with them and I said make 45 boolits. He said "Really? Man I just bought a 9mm for myself and for my girlfriend." So I may have made a good connection there. there was about 20 lbs in the box and some looked unused. T took nippers and found a small handful of Fe and no zinc. I am going to take in a bucket with my name painted on it and phone number and get some more. And the car rolls straight down the road again. And I found some 7.62X54R brass at the range , and tomorrow we are going to Florida for R&R. Things are looking up.

plainsman456
03-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Better get a lotto ticket as well.