PDA

View Full Version : Md ammo laws?

jhalcott
12-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I have ben trying to find the regulation in Md's fire code about the allowable amout for possession. I know it existed in 1978 ,but NO ONE seems to be able to locate a copy of that law or regulation. I called the Legislative Reference people for the state and county and city. They have no idea what I was asking about.
My Buddy states possession of 5 pounds of powder is MAX and 1000 rounds of fixed ammo is the limit. He was informed of this when he opened his business.
Any way ,Maine was beautiful again this year. The deer were out watching the moon and sleeping the days away! I saw 1 doe and 1 buck but never got a shot.

mike in co
12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
i dont know and really dont care but,

i said this once before...

do they sell powder in 8 lb'ers in md ???

seems everyone would be in violation....

357maximum
12-01-2006, 04:17 PM
If you truly want to know ask your local fire dept..they will know..or should anyways..

kywoodwrkr
12-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I'd also check with zoning and permits or its equivalent.
I happen to run across those folks the other day here locally.
Found out my house and lot in Louisville can get a permit to have a horse. Actually two horses and a stable for them.
Absolutely no relevance to topic, other than zoning and permits is who I ended up getting information from.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

carpetman
12-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Kywoodwrkr---Absolutely no relevance to the topic????? Sure it is relevant. If you had two horses you could use the dried horse dung to fire the pot to cast bullets and in turn load them into fixed rounds. In turn you might send jhalcott some and neither of you would know how many you could send to Md. I dont recall ever seeing a more on topic reply.