PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for 30 carbine

Paf
03-24-2011, 12:57 AM
I am just beginning to get started with casting and have acquired some tools and equipment over the last 6 - 9 months. A retired print shop teacher friend gave me a few buckets of monotype ( single letter type ) that I have been making into ingots. I also have an assortment of scrap lead and wheel weights as well ( need to still make these into ingots ). I have a Lyman 311410 mold for the 30 carbine that I would like to start making cast bullets with. I have seen on this form, different suggestions for ratios using monotype for various caliber applications. For a beginning caster and also reloader, what would you suggest as a good ratio mix for the materials that I have on hand for the 30 carbine? Would I need to obtain additional materials to add to the ratio? Any help and or suggestions to get me started down the right road would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies:coffeecom

stubshaft
03-24-2011, 01:18 AM
30% mono to 70% WW. You can drive this to velocities nigher than the 30 carbine is capable of.

shotman
03-24-2011, 01:22 AM
that is a non check boolit so WW is fine the 410 may need to seat a little deeper for it to work in the mag, that may be a problem