PDA

View Full Version : Super Moly?

drklynoon
03-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I just bought a 4500 without a heater. The lube that came with it is the Super Moly it says it's all temp and I'm in the house but I can't get this stuff to flow for the life of me. It's won't fill up the cavity or anything. I felt of it and it doesn't seem that much harder than the Beezwax I usually use. What gives?
[smilie=b:

krag35
03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
I have never had a problem with super moly in my RCBS lubrisizer. I do know it is great for rifle boolits, it's all I use for HV loads. Try running a hair dryer on it for a bit.

C.F.Plinker
03-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Take your sizing die out and make sure the lube is getting into it. If it is getting that far, make sure that the lube grooves on the boolit are lining up with the holes in the die. If all of that is happening warm up the sizer a little as mentioned above.

drklynoon
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah I don't have the die in it and it won't go into the cavity at all. I'm afraid that there was some kind of block off down at the bottom that I didn't see. I'll try to warm it up and see if that helps.

drklynoon
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I got it. The puck was turning with the adjuster so it wasn't applying anymore pressure. So a little heat and the use of a low speed drill got everything moving. Once that was over it works like a charm. I wish I could test this bullet configuration out now but oh well I'll wait till the weekend.