PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Block Sights for Remington Argentine contract?

mtnman31
03-20-2011, 09:49 AM
I have a Remington Argentine contract rolling block in .43 Spanish and want to get either a tang sight or vernier type sight for it. Is there a Lyman or Marble's sight that was made for this rifle? As for vernier sights, what would be a good option? I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars but would like to get something decent. I want to get something that is better than the open sights original to the rifle. Any input, thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

Kraschenbirn
03-20-2011, 10:43 AM
When I acquired my (lightly used) Pedersoli RB, it had a Marble Tang Sight installed and, from what I've since learned, the hole spacing on this particular sight was the same as for the original Remingtons - 1.95" CtC. On the other hand, for my BP-level 45-70 loads, the sight ran out of elevation adjustment around 250 yds and the adjustment "clicks" were fairly coarse so I've since replaced it with a Lee Shaver long-range vernier sight. Only problem you might encounter is that the buttstocks of the "modern" RBs seem to have a bit more drop...and, therefore, a slightly different tang angle...than the originals. (btw...I haven't gotten 'round to listing that Marble TS on AuctionArms or FleaBay, in case you're interested.)

If you want to go for a lower end vernier sight, Brownell's has the basic Pedersoli's for around $190 or you can get a Shaver "Economy" (my choice) for $225.

Bill

Boz330
03-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Track of the Wolf has an economy vernier that can be had for about $59 and shipping. I had one on my Swedish roller and it worked fine for what I was doing with it.
I have since re-barreled it in 40-65 for a hunting rifle and I'm going to put a Marbles on it. If you want the one that came off of it, send me a PM.

Bob

flydoc
04-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Dixie Gun Works has a vernier tang site that fits RBs for $50. I have one on my 43 span Arg that works fine.

Lindy

doubs43
05-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Cherry's offers the mid-range Pedersoli Soule sight for $195 and the long range for $210. Cabelas offers the mid-range competition sight by Pedersoli for $200 and the long range for $220. All of them have an angle adjustment to allow use on rifles with a different tang angle.

Should you go for a less expensive sight, stay away from those that adjust windage by tilting the standard. Get the model that has a straight horizontal adjustment. I think Track of the Wolf has them at $60 or so.