PDA

View Full Version : More shotshell Q's

DeanWinchester
03-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Okay, some of you fine gentlemen set me on the straight and narrow recently and showed me the way. For that I am thankful. Follow the recipe and DO not deviate from it. SO, I am making some good loads and very pleased with them. I ONLY use Winchester AA hulls. The red ones for buck and the grey AA HS hulls for slugs. Super results.

My dilemma: I bought a big bag of AA hulls yesterday. Separated all my red ones. Separated all my AA HS ones and I noticed, some of the grey ones are NOT HS hulls, so I recheck each one with a flashlight. HS hulls are marked on the headstamp, but it's easy to ID them from the inside too. I also have a big bag of AA hulls that are silver.

My question, can I load the Grey AA and Silver AA hulls the same as the red ones?

I know the AA and the AAHS do not necessarily interchange. For my particular load Hogdon says they are the same, but that's for my particular load.

Thanks in advance,
D/W

oso
03-19-2011, 12:52 PM
The color of the plastic is not a concern.

rmcc
03-19-2011, 01:39 PM
All "AA" hulls are the same. For 1 1/8 to 1 oz to 7/8 oz they change the wads. Black, red, gray, and silver should be the AA colors you encounter.

DeanWinchester
03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Once again, I thank you guys!