PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli High Wall trigger question

NSB
03-18-2011, 12:29 AM
I just got the High Wall and haven't shot it yet. I have a question about the single set trigger. If anyone out there owns one maybe they can answer it for me. The trigger has very little adjustment range in it and when set it breaks at somewhere between 3/4 ounce and 1 1/4 ounce. This seems way too light to me. I know everyone wants a light set trigger but this seems extreme. I can't adjust it any higher. Any lower and it won't set at all. Is this normal?

montana_charlie
03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't have experience with a single set trigger, and specifically no knowledge of the Pedersoli trigger, but...

As a rule, set triggers (double or single) are not adjustable for weight of pull. The screw (normally) only varies the amount of engagement, so only affects length of travel.

This remark is not meant to apply to modern hi-tech designs.
CM

Gunlaker
03-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I've got single set triggers on my C. Sharps 1885's and, although I've not measured them, they'll go off if you just breath on them :-)

I also have an original Winchester single shot with close coupled double set triggers. It also has an exrremely light trigger.

All of my 1885's have lighter triggers than my Sharps double set triggers.

Once you are used to them they are really nice for off hand shooting. If you are not used to them they can surprise you :mrgreen:

Chris.

NickSS
03-22-2011, 06:16 AM
I have several rifles with single set triggers and they are all light weight. I never measured them but I do know that you can barely rest your finger on the trigger and they will go off. The Double set triggers have a bit more adjustment than the single set ones do.