PDA

View Full Version : K31 rifle-carbines at Big 5

1mauser
05-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Today I went to three Big 5 So Cal stores looking for K31's, One didn't have one in stock the others two have a couple of them but their shape is not the best. In the first store they have some that they were made in the late forties and early fifties but the wood stock was in poor condition and about 60% to 70% on the metal. On the third they only have two. The stock was in about 60-80% condition but the metal was in sad condition. I almost decided to buy the one with beautiful Elm stock but decided not to because of the worn and rusted out metal counterpart. Just imagining the beauty of a refinished Elm stock will make it buy it... At any rate I’ll consult my pillow tonight.

Buckshot
05-29-2005, 08:36 AM
...............Well that does make me feel better! I see you already have 2, so I can't feel bad about that :-). The one I found doesn't have a walnut stock. I think it's beech or birch but both it and the metal look like new!

Hey, if you're in Belltown you're not too far from Inland Fish and Game. What range do you shoot at? Heck if you can you oughta come out on Tuesday. We have 4-5 cast lead shooters each Tuesday and get plenty of BSing done, along with some shooting.

We shoot an informal little match every Tuesday. Normally it's centerfire, iron sights, offhand. Ten rounds at 50 yards for score. We each kick in a buck and the high score wins the pot. This Tuesday we're shooting 22RF rifles. Sometimes it's pistols and every once in awile we'll shoot muzzle loaders.

Usually we're there by 0930 and normally shoot the match after we eat (1100).

...............Buckshot