PDA

View Full Version : Loaded my first Cast today.

huli
03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Well I started out with casting some 100, 250 Grn 45 Colt boolits. Lyman 452664 . They turned out Ok with what i thought were zinced the other day. Made my own lube ,, About messed that up too. And with the Great Help of this forum it was saved just added some more STP and blue color. Used CCI large pistol primers Starline Brass and 8.5 grns of Unique . Wanted to run outside and shoot some but rather than explain my excitement to the Local Deputies(as ive had to do before) I decided to wait till the weekend,,,Wish me luck ,and comment on anything I done wrong. I had never crimped before either,,Thanks Steve:bigsmyl2:

Ben
03-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Ummmm, sounds like you're headed down the slippery slope now.

Let's see .......35 % of you monthly income to new molds, lube size dies, mold handles, ladles, etc.

No , maybe 40%,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

stubshaft
03-16-2011, 09:48 PM
40% shoot I bet that boy hasn't spent more than 20 minutes on the Group Buy forum. He can still afford crayons to color his loob!:kidding:

Moonie
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
He can afford 8.5gr Unique and his brass is all the same make (starline no less), he definitely hasn't been in the group buy section yet.

:kidding: :bigsmyl2:

And welcome to the madness, looks like you are off to a good start.

DragoonDrake
03-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Hey I can't afford crayons (I visit bob evans at lunch time on sundays. God kids these days are wasteful.) :)

huli
03-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I had to buy most of what i got from the classified here. Any way i shot 18 today they look pretty good to me 2" group at 30 yds off a porch handrail and a chusion. I did get the star at the Muzzle so that seems to be ok. My first group of 6 weere the best. Then i cleaned with Shooters choice betwween the other 2 lodings. Ive got anther mold headed my way gonna give it a try before i make any changes,,Thanks Guys Steve

Jal5
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Steve you are off and running! Stay away from those Group Buys and watch your wallet. Have fun!!

Joe