PDA

View Full Version : What is the discount for Midway's Birthday promotions?

blasternank
03-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I got emailed a notice from Midway saying on my next order if order by my birthday will give me a discount. How much of a discount do they offer?

Thanks.

Lee
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Don't know, but Hint! Start a wish list NOW. If you get the flyers, note the expiry date(s). Sometimes what you needed so bad today, goes on sale tomorrow:evil: and the dates might overlap.
And, make sure it's % off prices, no exclusions (for sale items, etc).

I find the Wish List helps me. Sometimes I go back a couple days later, and find myself thinking what the heck I was thinking.
P.S. Happy Birthday......Lee[smilie=s:

44man
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Prices might get as low as Midsouth charges every day!

stubshaft
03-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Prices might get as low as Midsouth charges every day!

Very true 44man but Midsouth makes up for it in horrendous shipping charges to my neck of the woods. Same thing with Grafs.

deltaenterprizes
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
10% , put an item in your cart and go to check out, you will see the price difference.

blasternank
03-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks! This has helped.

cajun shooter
03-18-2011, 09:45 AM
It will not be enough to cover shipping. Larry has at least started using the USPS for small packages. I ordered a credit card size package of front sight inserts from a company in the West and they shipped it via UPS for $14.95. I sent it back with a complaint that it could have been shipped for .50 Once you are on the Midway mail list you will sent plenty of sale papers!! Mid-South is great on price but gets you with shipping.

TCFAN
03-18-2011, 10:23 AM
I just received a order yesterday that I placed on monday night. This was my birthday discount order and it does make a small difference. Items that are on sale don't get the discount and coupons are not honored.............Terry

georgewxxx
03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
4 years ago I used my BD discount while buying a .35 cal. barrel for my Springfield/Whelen project. It paid 100% of the shipping and those barrels happened to on sale at the time. Shipping rates went up again this year, so I figure any help making payment is a good deal especially when not very many places offer as many different barrels as Midway does. It was a semi custom deal, they send the order to the barrel maker and you hold your breath waiting....Geo

300winmag
03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I used to shop midway alot but now I shop. All of there tv shows has driven there cost up. It pays to shop sometimes

nicholst55
03-18-2011, 10:36 PM
FWIW, Sniper's Hide posts a list of discount codes for Midway every month. I don't know if you have to be a member to see them or not. If you join that forum, you'd best have thick, thick skin, because they WILL shout you down for seemingly any reason. That's why I seldom visit there any more - too many big egos in one room.

derek45
03-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I keep a WISH LIST of components and stuff going all the time.

Midway will let me know when stuff I like goes on sale.
this is how I buy bulk jacketed bullets.

My last birthday I remember buying a LEE 6 cavity.

It was about $33 instead of the usual $38

when I need something, I'll add it to CART on midway, Grafs, Natchez, Mid-south, at the same time, compare the price with shipping and go with the lowest price.

I like midway's NRA roundup

mooman76
03-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Their discount varys per item. Some items are more and some not at all. It shows the discount when you put them in your cart if I remember right. Also Midway lets you chose from a variaty of shipping ,methods so you can determine the cost.