PDA

View Full Version : LEE Saftey Prime ?

Range Gypsy
03-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Ok , I just got a used 3hole Lee turret press. A real good deal so I picked up the 4 hole upgrade kit today and a Saftey Primer feed. But the instructions only show it on a single stage. Online I can only find info on the newer cast version of the press . "The Classic". Can I make this primer feed work on my older model?

Thanks in advance
Range Gypsy

troyboy
03-17-2011, 12:36 AM
You will need a different ram if it is real old. There is a bracket that goes on the press a washer and a different front pillar. There is a kit you can purchase that is all inclusive. Check out lee's website or factory sales. If it is a newer press you will prolly only need the bracket and washer. So yes you can

Range Gypsy
03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the plastic mount , washer, and a new ram from LEE .

This is my first LEE . I used to think they were cheaply made, but thought I should give one a try especially when you start comparing prices. I have 3 other RCBS single stages and wanted to stay green but at more than twice the money for a turret. I am going to give the red one a chance.:bigsmyl2:

Thanks again

Skipper488
03-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Lee has a video on their site to show the mounting.