PDA

View Full Version : How to...

blk43
03-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Can anyone tell me a simple method to make LUBE STICKS?

Thanks

Bruce:killingpc

Three-Fifty-Seven
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=107592 :bigsmyl2:

Gelandangan
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
LOL, English is such a confusing language.

If you wish to make your lube sticks on to the boolit
add some wool fat (lanolin) on the lube.

If you wish to make lube sticks to fit your lubrisizer,
you may want to make a mold out of plastic conduit with bolts in the middle as outlined in another thread..

bigboredad
03-14-2011, 10:15 PM
I have found it much easier to just make a cake of lube and then just melt what you need and pour it into your sizer. But then again I have been accused of being lazy:mrgreen:

BulletFactory
03-14-2011, 10:38 PM
If you think our language is confusing, you should have a look at our politics.

Von Gruff
03-14-2011, 10:54 PM
LOL, English is such a confusing language.

If you wish to make your lube sticks on to the boolit
add some wool fat (lanolin) on the lube.

If you wish to make lube sticks to fit your lubrisizer,
you may want to make a mold out of plastic conduit with bolts in the middle as outlined in another thread..

It can be confusing but the OP used the language correctly. He asked how to make lube sticks which indicates he wanted to know how to make sticks of lube. This was answered in the first post.
You have intimated he may have wanted to know how to make the lube stick to his boolit which is not the case at all.

Von Gruff.

bobthenailer
03-15-2011, 08:56 AM
IM for heating it up and pouring it into the lube / sizer ! elimnates air pockets and you get in more lube per filling

EMC45
03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
You can pour into the sizer right off as some folks have said, or what I do is save a few of the old lube tubes from Lyman and I cap one end with the cap from the tube, pour in the lube and then wait a little bit...Gently insert a piece of 1/4in. dowel rod and that is the hole for the plunger screw, let cool and then use when needed....................How about that for a run-on sentence?!

blk43
03-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks evreyone.

I always get a kick out of responses to my questions. Evem though I try to present a question as clearly as possible there is usually a misinterpretation. At least everyone reads and responds.

I do ususally pour the lube into the sizer but used some SPG lube recently and liked the mess free method.

I appreciate all your responses.

Bruce