PDA

View Full Version : lee 10# pot

Dustinxxx
03-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Ok, im either having a bad day, or something is not right. I decided it was time to clean my lee 10# pot today. Well got dont cleaning and all, So went to put the handle and pour blocking thing ( forgot what its called lol) and after i get it all bolted down when i try to lift the handle it doesnt move.... Now this is probably a real easy thing considering ive been having a bad day with my reloading press now this. Any ideas?i figured you just line the screw hole up put the bar in slot on the pur blocking thing and screw down. Any suggestions? This is the first time ive ever cleaned a pot due to me being new to the casting hobby. Thanks in advance

cavalrymedic
03-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Obviously, I can't see into your pot, but, is there lead down there at the bottom? If so, you will have to turn the pot on, let the lead melt, then the thingy will move. If you don't have any lead, then, maybe the laws of physics don't apply anymore.

roaddog1m
03-14-2011, 01:35 AM
How about checking the adjustment screw located on top of the handle thingy. Turn it CCW. and see if that helps.

Dustinxxx
03-14-2011, 01:52 AM
ok ill try both of these ideas.. i just got pretty frustrated with my press malfunctioning then this

cavalrymedic
03-14-2011, 02:07 AM
I've had days like that. Yesterday I went to cast with my new Lee die and it dropped some UGLY boolits. I need to spend more time cleaning it. I think I screwed up when I smoked the cavities with a match. Anyway, at least I was doing something I love.

WILCO
03-14-2011, 08:43 AM
i just got pretty frustrated with my press malfunctioning then this

A time out with a shot of whiskey helps during troubling times....

Dustinxxx
03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
ok after cooling down and sleeping off the frustration, i decided to takle this again, and still cant seem to get it right. Let me see if i can describe it a little more better today. unbolted the lever and took it off then took out the rod, cleaned the pot. Now when i put the rod in and line it up with the lever bar, After i tighten down the lever bar bolts the lever doenst move up or down. There is no lead in the pot at all. So i try loosening the bolts and the lever moves but the rod falls off the lever bar? This is so frustrating as it seems like it would be easy. Tried what you guys said but still didnt work. Anymore suggestions.

handyman25
03-14-2011, 06:56 PM
The simple things are the hardest for sure. With the pot facing you, base to the front, heater and thermostat knob etc in the back. the Valve Rod should be in the pour hole and tilted back say 30 degrees and the slot in Valve Rod facing you. The Lever Bearing brackets in the holes and facing towards the back ( away from the pot). The Valve Lever in the Lever Bearing brackets with the weighted end towards you and the Valve Rod slot around the Valve lever ( I would call it a stiff wire). Unless something is bent it should work now. Hope this helps if not contact "itsnotmyfault@ihadabadeducation.com:brokenima

Dustinxxx
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
looks like there was a bent piece, so i got frustrated with it and ordered a lee 20lb pot. Im just going to use the 10 and a wheel weight melter. So it didnt go completley to waste. Thanks everyone for the help

Bob Krack
04-06-2011, 11:40 PM
A time out with a shot of whiskey helps during troubling times....
Or a time out....
Or maybe even just a shot of whiskey!
Or all of the above
Or -------????

Bob