PDA

View Full Version : "Commerical" Carnuba Red?

Roundnoser
03-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Not sure if this has been asked (there is SO much on this site about CR!).

Do they make a "commerical" grade Carnuba Red ( harder lube / non-sticky) that won't transfer when packed in bulk, etc?

Thanks.

John Boy
03-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Roundnoser, Red is the coloring added to pure carnauba wax -

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2000750/Beeswax-and-Carnauba-Wax.aspx?keyword=carnauba_wax&refcode=06INGOOG&gclid=CKjDxLX6zKcCFYbb4AodeHuNDA

runfiverun
03-13-2011, 10:24 PM
i think he does.
it wouldn't be too hard to add some parrafin if you wanted.

fryboy
03-14-2011, 11:14 AM
according to his website he does sell a commercial ( ie; harder less tacky ? ) version , IIRC his site states to ask for it , ( or it used to ) best bet is send him a letter ( e-mail or snail mail )

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/order.html

Roundnoser
03-14-2011, 11:22 AM
according to his website he does sell a commercial ( ie; harder less tacky ? ) version , IIRC his site states to ask for it , ( or it used to ) best bet is send him a letter ( e-mail or snail mail )

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/order.html

Thanks! I'll do that. I appreciate the leg work!

RobS
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
He does make a harder version of Carnauba Red and he calls it Commercial Red.

870TC
03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
I've used many, many 2" sticks of White label lubes Commercial Red lube. Excellent stuff, perfect for loose packing bulk bullets, slightly harder and less tacky than his Carnuba Red.

Whistler
03-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Does the Commercial Red perform differently in terms of leading/velocity?

bobthenailer
03-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Ive used hard / commercial lubes from at least 6 different makers exclusviley over the past 25 years and havent had any problems with any brand ,Im currently useing commercial CR.
Buy your lube in the 2 x 6 inch larger size commercial stick ! its more economical .
Jut heat it up until it melts in a pyrex measuring cup and pour it in the lube/sizer . this elimnates air pockets and you can put more lube in the resviour per filling.

03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Bobthenailer how does the cr compair to zambini and magma lube? can he make it in green ?

Doby45
03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Then it would not be Carnuba "Red"

Roundnoser
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I've used many, many 2" sticks of White label lubes Commercial Red lube. Excellent stuff, perfect for loose packing bulk bullets, slightly harder and less tacky than his Carnuba Red.

Does it work as well as CR? I'm looking to use it for lower velocity pistol bullets (45's, 40 SW, 9mm. 38 spec) that I cast in bulk.

Doby45
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Thats what I use for all mine, and it works great.

bobthenailer
03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
zambenie red was the first hard lube i ever bought . I used it for several years with good results with hand gun bullets . But i would rate it last of the ones ive tried.
I also used magnma lube for several years with good results
I now use CR commercial for general purpose bullets in one star sizer and LBT commercial for my high velocity loads in my second star sizer . as i bought alot of it years ago and have to use it up. .
Im not saying one is better than the other just thats the lube i used on the bullets when i worked up the loads , and i dont change anything in any load without testing first.
Out of the commercial / hard lubes ived used i would rate the CR and LBT as the best
years ago i was useing zambeni red and switched to LBT commercial the group size was the same at 100 yards but with the LBT lube I lost a avgerage of approx 70 fps in velocity because the LBT did a better job of lubrication and created less pressure = less velocity . Kinda like the same senairo as molly coated bullets .

870TC
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Roundnoser, yes the Commercial works/performs as good as the Carnuba Red, for pistol velocity. I have also used the Commercial up to 1700fps in 30 cal with no problems.