PDA

View Full Version : Swage Bullet Lubricant

fc60
03-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Greetings,

I have been swaging 32 HBWC bullets for Bullseye shooting for several years. Swaging the bullet is easy. The problem I have is a way to lubricate the bullets for shooting to prevent leading. Currently, I use Beeswax diluted with Naptha. It works but is messy and time consuming.

So, what method and lubricant are the rest of you swagers using?

Cheers,

Dave

ReloaderFred
03-13-2011, 02:18 PM
For swaged lead bullets, I add a cannelure with the C-H Cannelure tool and lube just like cast bullets. It's more time consuming, but works for me.

Hope this helps.

Fred

MIBULLETS
03-13-2011, 04:55 PM
There are other dip lubes out there. I think Rooster makes one. I know people have used Lee Alox lube too.

Link for Rooster Bullet Film Lube...

http://www.roosterlabs.com/products.html#roosterJacket

ANeat
03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey Dave, Glad to see another BE shooter. Ive had good luck swaging already cast/lubed bullets for 45acp.

If you go for a tumble or dip lube you can cannelure as mentioned, corbin also sells a knurling tool that puts a texture on the bullet

mold maker
03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
+1 on the Corbin channelure tool for Lube Groove. The texture helps hold fast to the harder lubes

lesharris
03-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I swage both 38 and 45 for NRA match and i use the Corbin cannalure tool and the Corbin liquid lube.
I dip the bullets after the cannaluring is done and set the bullets on screening to dry.
The excess lube is still liquid and is used again.
Lee liquid Alox works also.
Les.

lesharris
03-23-2011, 07:33 PM
My mistake I meant knurling tool.

Silicon Wolverine
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
i use lee alox lube for pretty much everything. i thin it out a bit with spirits thogh.

SW