PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Wizard ,caliber .223 Rem

Throckmorton
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Just got one of these,and for the money I'm satisfied so far..They run about 300.00 +-.
The sights are pure junk,scoping it anyway so no biggee there for me.The factory sights were just barely attached,would have blown off while shooting if I had used them. :(
Comes with recoil pad and sling swivels,and a weaver scope base.
Hardwood stock is ok looking,overall fit and finish is fine.

I was tired and cold from a cowboy shoot yesterday but fired some rounds anyway to see what it would do.The trigger is heavy but managable.I'll try lubing the innards before the next outing,and just shooting it some may break it in a bit more.

shot 3/4" groups @ 50 yards with some factory ammo I had on hand,my reloads sucked,will have to play with the powder charge,etc on those.

they cost about what a Handi rifle costs,BUT barrel swaps are an over-the-counter proposition,and can be had in quite a few rifle calibers as well as shotgun and black powder barrels.Barrels with sights are about 160.00 each.

I see they are bringing it out in a pistol version as well,...COOL. !

Ill post a factory pic for now,I'll take the camera along next time for sure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Throckmorton/wizard.jpg

Skipper488
03-14-2011, 04:44 PM
My son bought one in .308. I agree completely with the sights being junk. You need some fairly tall rings to put a scope on it and we actually had to line up the scope base (no big deal, loosen the screws and twist it around so it's at least close. It shoots fairly well but I haven't had enough time to play with it enough to really tell how I really like it. I'm thinking of getting it in 45-70.