PDA

View Full Version : Finally casting weather

foxtrapper
03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Just warm enough to set the pot uo outside to cast:p Using straight WW I fired up the .512 Mountain Mold 375GC. Got into a nice rhythm and cranked out 400! Next day A Alox bath and the day after sizing to .511 and gaschecks ,then into the Alox again. Everthing went smooth and the boolits look so good I don't want to load and shoot them!!!! I 'll get over it:p

AZ-Stew
03-08-2011, 09:35 PM
It would be interesting to know where you are (no location shown under your name) and what you're going to shoot them from. Four hundred .511 boolits is a lot of lead! May God bless your shoulder or wrist, as appropriate.

Regards,

Stew

foxtrapper
03-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Way on the other side of the country LI., NY. These boolits are destined to 2 Custom Ruger revolvers in 510GNR. I also am going to give them a try in my Marlin1895 50 AK. The lightest I have shot from the Marlin are store bought 435 grs that were not as accurate as the 525grs. Still to uncomfortable to shoot at the range,always shady and windy! I also don't load these cartridges hot no need ,beats me and the gun up!