PDA

View Full Version : ***LBT Top shelf***

charger 1
11-25-2006, 06:03 AM
Veral Smith of LBT is up and running and in my opinion better than ever. I'm sure you all remember when I questioned what was going on,well I'll tell you I know now that the man is making top quality stuff. He's willing to listen to input on variations of his designs to give you the exact mold you want. As of late I've been doing a goodly bit of business with him. A man who knows his bees wax. He's got performance out of some of my guns that others told me was a dream including other mold makers...Ya this is a plug. When I see something crappy I say it,and likewise when I see something top shelf
lbtisaccuracy@imbris.net

Jack Stanley
11-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I am still very happy with the mold he made for my way-huge bore .303 British . That bullet has work in several others that have had bore almost as big , a little sizing goes a long way .:-D

Jack

Bass Ackward
11-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Charger,

Veral and his little blue book have ruinned many a finances across this land. Well .... mine anyway.

While he was not really a pioneer in HV cast, he definately was responsible for making it more popular again by providing a one stop shop for the equipment, supplies, and education that people needed to make it happen for them.

Whether you agree with everything he has to say or not, his molds and bullet designs have revitilized interest in a sport and an industry and spurred new ideas and products for casting that will continue long after he hasn't.

And for that, I am certainly greatful.

PatMarlin
11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Someday, we will be researching all available data, and looking far and wide for that "Original" Veral Smith design for the CB "Smith" group buy series.. :mrgreen:

A fitting tribute to one of the masters.. :drinks:

jwhite
11-26-2006, 02:44 PM
I have had great luck with Veral Smith as well. I recently ordered a mold from him for my browning .348, I was concerned about the bullet chambering due to ultra short throat on the rifles, he assured me it would, I recieved the mold and it would not chamber with out being seated way to deep into the case. I emailed him about the problem and sent a dummy round and the first mold back and in a few weeks I got another mold that chambered properly and is the most accurate bullet I have tried so far. He truly provides customer service.
Jerry

Brl
11-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Is his book helpful to people who don't cast their own lead but want to load cast bullets that are purchased from a manufacturer?

Thanks!!

charger 1
11-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Is his book helpful to people who don't cast their own lead but want to load cast bullets that are purchased from a manufacturer?

Thanks!!

I found his book to be primarily oriented to the casting side. However having said that,after reading it you'll have a better grasp of what makes a CB work