PDA

View Full Version : 35 Whelen- 250 grain boolits

stocker
05-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Gents: My 35 Whelen shoots cast bullets very well but the only mold I have in that calibre is an RCBS 200 grain which was probably designed for 35 Remington. My rifle is built on an FN Mauser action and although it feeds jacketed bullets very nicely it won't handle the meplat on the RCBS bullet. This bullet is possibly too short to catch the interior of the chamber at the right time and ends up with the nose jammed onto the chamber edge.

I have been thinking of getting one of Dan's 250 grain molds but before ordering I sure would like to load up 4 or 5 cartridge dummies with bullets from his mold and test them for function through the magazine.

Can any body here help me out with 4 or 5 boolits ?

Thanks,
Stocker

Bass Ackward
05-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Gents: My 35 Whelen shoots cast bullets very well but the only mold I have in that calibre is an RCBS 200 grain which was probably designed for 35 Remington. My rifle is built on an FN Mauser action and although it feeds jacketed bullets very nicely it won't handle the meplat on the RCBS bullet. This bullet is possibly too short to catch the interior of the chamber at the right time and ends up with the nose jammed onto the chamber edge.

I have been thinking of getting one of Dan's 250 grain molds but before ordering I sure would like to load up 4 or 5 cartridge dummies with bullets from his mold and test them for function through the magazine.

Can any body here help me out with 4 or 5 boolits ?

Thanks,
Stocker

Stocker,

Dan dropped all of his standard offerings. So that means that you will have to design what you want. I have a pretty conventional 250 grainer that I designed myself if you want some. Then you can go from there. Just PM me with an address and be patient until I get them out.