PDA

View Full Version : Thanks is due

TonyM
03-07-2011, 04:32 AM
I just wanted to take a second and thank all of the contributors to this site. There is a WEALTH of information here, and a great cast of regulars and vendors willing to help and go the extra mile for the random "Newbie" "Joe".

Overall, I have not seen another forum that offers the insights and valuable information that this site does. Not only in cast related topics, but firearms, reloading, and bullets in general.

I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here, and I do a lot more reading than I do posting, thats for sure, and that says a lot, at least in my mind.

Thanks again to everyone for making this site the premier spot for anything lead related... and for also coining the term "Boolits". It's become like the "Motorcycle obligatory wave"...lol When you know that term, people know you just "Might" know what you're talking about.

Tony

*Paladin*
03-07-2011, 08:09 AM
There's a vast amount of knowledge here. All of my success as a caster is thanks to the folks here. I had no "mentor" watching over my shoulder when I started casting. My "mentors" are right here on this site.

On different subject: How's things in the Mat-Su? I'm an Alaskan, but I'm stationed in the lower 48...

Doby45
03-07-2011, 08:12 AM
TonyM, are you by chance Sarah Palin's hubby trying to throw us off with the TonyM? ;) Are you really ToddP in disguise?

45-70 Chevroner
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
TonyM, are you by chance Sarah Palin's hubby trying to throw us off with the TonyM? ;) Are you really ToddP in disguise?

Looks mighty suspicious does'nt it. If so and Sara ran for P. and he ran on the same ticket they would get my vote, just because he likes cast boolits.

oldhickory
03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
We were all newbies at one time, and we're all still learning everyday.:lovebooli

45nut
03-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Without participation and support by the membership this would be a very lonely place, so thanks to everyone!

Rangefinder
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello--my name is Jim, and I am a terminal lead-head... I found this site about a year and a half ago, and through the nurturing care and support of those who suffer from my same illness, I have come to be comforted by the fact that I am not alone in this illness, which makes it not only more bearable, but it has certainly aided greatly at soothing my guilt over being such a cast-addict... :D

Gotta love it--I'd certainly have massive withdrawal issues if I couldn't log in here for at least 10 minutes every night to check, share, add, question, or even just browse the latest happenings in this wonderful craziness we share here. Long-live the boolit!

Von Gruff
03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Gotta love it--I'd certainly have massive withdrawal issues if I couldn't log in here for at least 10 minutes every night to check, share, add, question, or even just browse the latest happenings in this wonderful craziness we share here. Long-live the boolit!

I think this is so for most of us here. There is no-one in my region of the country that I can get together with to share this way of life so it is you guys on CB who have been a part of my day since I joined the site.

Von Gruff.

TonyM
03-07-2011, 08:01 PM
On different subject: How's things in the Mat-Su? I'm an Alaskan, but I'm stationed in the lower 48...

Things are great for the most part... pretty mild winter, nothing compared to the Lower48 this year... good lord... in fact it's about 30* out KGB where I live... :holysheep

I wish...lol

I don't think Todd is much of a caster, sad to say. After the dough the Palins' have rolling in now, he can afford not to... He could probably hire his own caster/loader... but again, I think he's more into the snow-machining and airplane thing...

*Paladin*
03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Things are great for the most part... pretty mild winter, nothing compared to the Lower48 this year... good lord... in fact it's about 30* out KGB where I live... :holysheep

I like the Knik-Goosebay area. Are they still building like crazy off KGB road? I just wish they'd build the bridge over to Anchorage, then I'd buy off of KGB road in a second. It's a long drive in the winter all the way around the inlet to Anchorage. But, that's the vicinity I'd like to buy a house in when I retire from the military and move back up, unless I can find a job that pays good enough down on the Kenai.

Anyway, have fun with the break-up. If your at 30* it's gonna get slushy and muddy real soon!