PDA

View Full Version : Which grip do i have on BH.

PacMan
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Trying to fit a set of Hogue Monogrips to one of my Rugers and i have tried them on two diffrent frames and on go.The Bh i want them to fit has the internal lock in the grip.
The grips are supossed to work with XR3-red, XRN-3 or XRN-3red. The only marks inside the frame is what appears to be an (H)? stamped on the lower left side.
The grips fit ok but the attachnment stirrup does not.The pin that is supossed to go thru the frame will not fit.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Dwight

HammerMTB
03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I went thru the same thing you did, Dwight, a while back. The stirrup will not fit into the frame of the guns with an internal lock, without modification. I took a dremel tool to my frame, and modified the space so the pin would fit thru the frame, and the stirrup could surround it. Even then, the grip did not fit to the frame quite as nicely as I'd hoped it would. I will say it tamed the recoil of heavy loads in the .45 colt BH I was shooting, and kept my middle finger knuckle from getting beaten by the rear of the trigger guard. IIRC, I also had to find a slightly longer screw to hold the grip in place.
Maybe Hogue intends to make a grip to fit the new internal lock frame at some point, but as far as I know, at present this is all we have to work with.

PacMan
03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Hammer-i went ended up pushing the internal lock up just enough to insert the small pin and finally got the grips on and tightented up. Then the hammer lacked about a two hairs cocking without a little force unless i lossened off on the screw and letting the grips cock forward some.
Think i need to do the same modification you did and maybe the spring will not bind against the plastic rib inside the grips when cocked.

I think that the grips ruin the looks of the BH but after shooting one with them, i think the effort will be worth it. They helped my accuracy and the recoil a good bit.

Thanks for the input
Dwight

Shooter6br
03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
my grips fit my Single Six better than the BH but I have big hands so they fill out my hand better