PDA

View Full Version : BACO Mould Holder Handles

bbqncigars
03-06-2011, 02:20 AM
They're worth the money for me, at least for the Brooks adjustable PP mould. I may have to replace the wood handle, though. It's a little small for my meathooks. It ain't pretty either. They didn't even put any finish on it! Now I'm looking through the shop wood scraps for an appropriate replacement. Damned nice handle design to cast with though. Easy to adjust how hard the mould is held together. Just wear a decent leather glove on your hand for the metal half of the handles and you're good to go. I appreciate the thought that went into the design of these.

Wayne

justingrosche
03-06-2011, 04:52 AM
I believe that one of our vendor sponsors( Gussy) make those.http://www.castingstuff.com/

38-72
03-13-2011, 01:30 AM
They're worth the money for me, at least for the Brooks adjustable PP mould. I may have to replace the wood handle, though. It's a little small for my meathooks. It ain't pretty either. They didn't even put any finish on it! Now I'm looking through the shop wood scraps for an appropriate replacement. Damned nice handle design to cast with though. Easy to adjust how hard the mould is held together. Just wear a decent leather glove on your hand for the metal half of the handles and you're good to go. I appreciate the thought that went into the design of these.

Wayne

+1 I liked the first one I bought so much that I bought 2 more, there great.

cajun shooter
03-18-2011, 12:03 PM
If it's a certain handle it is made by Gussy who is a long time member of this forum. His handles are used by many in the BPCR matches. His other product is the Cabine Tree tester which anyone who cast bullets should own one.

bbqncigars
03-19-2011, 01:06 AM
Yup, that's the handle all right. I would have bought directly from him if I'd known. I always prefer to have the profit go to the source rather than a middle man.

Gussy
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Upgrade!! I thought I would post here that the "mould holders" have been up graded. Better wood in the handle and due to many requests a brass locking screw on the adjustment.

I tried many thing to make adjusting easy and got it too easy in some cases. Then I tried many more things to hold the adjustment. The trials were trying to keep cost down and still function correctly. No way around it, keep the existing adjustment and put a lock screw on it.

Thanks,
Gus