PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sure I have the best PO in the Midwest...

selmerfan
03-04-2011, 09:28 PM
A few weeks ago one of the postal employees at the counter told me he had a brick of lead for me. 26 lbs brick of isotope lead. GREAT! Today I walked in to ship some stuff he says, "I've got a bunch of plumber's lead out in the car for you." I drove away with over 70 lbs. of lead pipe. :grin:[smilie=w:

Suo Gan
03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I think more people have climbed Everest than have what happened to you. You must be living right.

*Paladin*
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow! I wish the PO here was so friendly...

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM
I am very happy with my PO...and I was never given any lead :0

LaPoint
03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Yesterday I spoke a dentist friend in the parking lot of the grocery store. When I asked him he told me that I could have all of the lead from his Xray films. He also said that since he is retireing in 5 yrs he isn't going to go digital. That's good news to me!

Hang Fire
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
The PO has changed over the years, congrats to you for the score.

When we lived outside Moose Pass AK 1969-76, the postmaster there was a good guy and also into guns. When I would get antique guns or muzzleloaders in the mail, he would help me take them out of packages to check for damage right there in the PO. Other customers would not so much as give a second glance, except some who wanted to look at the guns, today the antis would go berserker about such.

Of course it was AK, and Moose Pass with a population of less than a hundred, was not exactly a thriving metropolis.

http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/img387.jpg