PDA

View Full Version : Star die

03-04-2011, 06:30 PM
some one was talking about needing an o-ring for there star sizer dir. i have a lot of star sizer dies and none have a o-ring and i do not have any problum with them.

ronbo
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
There are two O-rings inside the luber where the die seats

Swede44mag
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I believe the newer version of the Star Luber Sizer came out with what they seem to be an aprovement. My 20 year old Star works perfect and has no need of an O-ring either.

dragonrider
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Yes the o'rings are in the newer models, not sure when they started it but it is a cost saving measure as the hole the dies fits in does not have to be so precise, hence it can be produced faster by less skilled individuals and costs are less, of course the price to consumers is not less. I prefer the older San Diego units like mine. The dies fit perfectly in the machine and dont leak.

frank l jr
03-06-2011, 11:46 PM
yes, the newer one have the rings. my 2 old(25-30) YRS UNDER THE BELT SAN DIEGO fit tight, need heat to remove, and only with the die removable tool is this practical. newer dosen't fit as well, therefore needs o-rings, PROGRESS , ???? not in my books, but such is life today.
frank l jr see ya

runfiverun
03-07-2011, 01:40 AM
those o-rings are cheap at the ace hardware and after you go buy some new ones, the one in the machine will never wear out.