PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know about booby trap gun ww2 era

shadowjames
03-04-2011, 02:30 PM
hi i dont have a pic but was told its a 32, it is a wheel gun, has a trigger that folds down and has a hole in bottom so you can pull with a string, was told they were dropped in france w/ rounds in it to supply french resistance, it was offered to me for sale but cannot find a value for it anywhere, was told mass produced but cant find a reference, if anybody has an idea about value, amount made and other history please let me know, you can pm or reply to post

waksupi
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, it is definitely not a Liberator pistol. It sounds like what was called a bicycle pistol, and not very valuable. Without pictures it is impossible to say more.

82nd airborne
03-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Its impossible, theres no such thing as french resistance!

rintinglen
03-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Belgium gunmakers made a bewildering variety of folding trigger pocket revolvers in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. I have seen them in 22, 5mm, 25 ACP, 32 S&W, and in 7mm pinfire. I suspect that you have or are looking at, one of these. Value would be low. 75-150 dollars, and it would have to be immaculate to get that top price. If you have ever seen the 1915 movie Les Vampyres you will see one of these guns. They only had one gun it seems, so every time somebody pulls out a pistol, there it is again!

Von Dingo
03-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Its impossible, theres no such thing as french resistance!

The Marquis deserves much respect. I read an interview with a gentleman who ended the war in a concentration camp with a black cloud death warrant from Berlin (he was not allowed to die without orders, and he used this to keep many inmates in camp alive with medicine he falsely got for himself). His wife was wounded in a shootout in a cafe. He killed her before fleeing, knowing the Gestapo would nurse her back to health so they could torture her (they had several children. One of whom, collaborated the fathers stories, and added a story about being awoke to commotion in the hallway. When he looked out the door, his father and a friend were manning a machine gun, which cut down a German squad that were rushing through the front door.).

I'm sure Gen Yeager would agree with me, too.

Sorry about the out of subject highjack Shadowjames.