PDA

View Full Version : OK, so how do I get this Rossi 92 back together?

357shooter
03-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi, need your help.

I'm new to rifles/leverguns. Long story short I didn't take her all apart, just some.

Trying to get the lower tang (sorry in advance for lingo abuse) and the trigger and hammer back together and aligned.

I do have a pin in the spring, so that's good. But I'm not sure on the right way to get it back so it all works...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

AnthonyB
03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Go here:
http://marauder.homestead.com/Rifles.html
Tony

357shooter
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Wow, great site, thanks.

I read something that might help.

fecmech
03-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Make sure you do the shell trick with the ejector spring. Once you tension the ejector spring DO NOT remove your finger from the casing till the end of the case is in the chamber. If you have any .357 Max cases it makes it a little easier but they are not necessary. The first time you do it you will use bad words a lot, once you've done it a couple times it's a piece of cake.

357shooter
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Nope, I don't get it. Can't the the trigger, hammer, lower tang all aligned.

AnthonyB
03-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Have you tried manipulating the hammer / trigger angles as you slide the tang into the frame? What exactly is the problem?
If all else fails, send it to me with 500 rounds - I'll put it back together and test it for you!
Tony

357shooter
03-03-2011, 10:35 PM
OK, so I didn't remove the lever when I took it apart. I think I see how the trigger/hammer assemble needs to go back in. But it looks like the lever must come off... The directions on the site are something "remove the lever and don't loose the parts that fall out...". LOL

So can the trigger assembly go back in with the lever still installed? Every gun I get, the first take-down is an adventure. My hope was to disassemble the least amount possible. But it looks like more has to come off before I can put it back together.

Can the lever stay on, or must it come off? If off, ????? I look up in there, and I don't think it comes apart!

357shooter
03-03-2011, 10:45 PM
OK, so really, I've gotta remove the bolt-pin-stop-screw and the bolt-pin too?? Bummer

357shooter
03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Got it! You fiddle until you get it. Then you realize it's pretty easy.

357shooter
03-05-2011, 09:15 PM
OK, so the gun is all the way back together.

The reason I took it apart is while at the range the lever locked closed and wouldn't cycle at all.

I took it apart and got the case out. But had to use another case to get it back together. Now it's still stuck. So I have not put it back together, still not working! WOW

Any tips on what might jam things up and keep it from opening at all?