PDA

View Full Version : Lee Double Disk chart

CiDirkona
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
DISCLAIMER: ALWAYS WEIGH YOUR CHARGES TO VERIFY FORMULA AND CONSISTENCY. I am not responsible for your reloading. :)

I'm not sure if anyone of you use the Lee Double Disk system for charging rifle cases, but I ended up making a chart that I find quite useful. The excel file version of it will find the different combinations of disks that will get you the closest values as well.

As I got plenty of requests for the file, I'm hosting the files here for anyone that might want them:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mgd9z5y5rvty6ty Excel 2010 version
http://www.mediafire.com/?q0981pd2ue372yx Excel 2003 version

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to improve the usefulness, that would be appreciated.

I had contemplated adding some of the charge/volumes for different specific powders as listed in the Lee book and in the Auto Disk Powder Measure, but I have a feeling these are copyrighted materials. Would you guys find it useful to have a 'enter powder density' block and 'desired charge' cells as well?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/cidirkona/LeeDoubleDiskwithTarget.jpg

Testing:

Bill*
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Very Handy, Thanks

Thecyberguy
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks cool.
What version of Excel are you using for this?
It might not be backwards compatible for some of us that are using and older version.
PM on the way.
Thanks and have a good 'un, thecyberguy

CiDirkona
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, the conditional formatting for the coloring requires '07 or '10, but I can save a copy in 97-2003 format and see how much is lost -- or, I could do an if/then to either display the close volume values or show nothing in each cell...

I forgot my flash drive at work today -- I'll get that emailed out in the morning.

BorderBrewer
03-03-2011, 03:18 AM
This is very handy. PM sent.
Thanks,
BorderBrewer

OBIII
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Very nice, PM sent.
Thanks
OB

CiDirkona
03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I had contemplated adding some of the charge/volumes for different specific powders as listed in the Lee book and in the Auto Disk Powder Measure, but I have a feeling these are copyrighted materials. Would you guys find it useful to have a 'enter powder density' block and 'desired charge' cells as well?

geargnasher
03-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice. I use the DD chart that comes with the measure, combined with several VD charts I've found in miscl. places on line. I did note once that Lee specifically states on the chart that it is ok for the user to copy it. I don't know how they'd feel about the chart info being distributed, though.

Gear

CiDirkona
03-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Oddly enough, I don't use this chart anymore myself, I just remember how useful it was. I find my approximate volume desired, half it, find the closest hole smaller than the half volume, and use the adjustable bar underneath. This works great to get an exact volume, you just have to be aware that if you adjust it down too far, you make a ledge inside the chamber that powder can get stuck on, and you have to swap the top disk down to the next smallest size and start the adjustment process again.

Thecyberguy
03-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Well.....yeah!
Sounds good. ;-) Have a good 'un, TCG