PDA

View Full Version : I think this is acceptable here???

TCLouis
11-21-2006, 09:40 PM
If not moderator pls delete link.
Louis

paul harvey and hsus
http://www.ussportsmen.org/interactive/features/Read.cfm?ID=1897

357maximum
11-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Personally I would love too see many more alerts like this one here...mighty hard to fight an enemy when no one knows who they are....thanks for keeping us on our toes...

michael

9.3X62AL
11-21-2006, 11:51 PM
The only problem I see with it......is that I thought Paul Harvey had better sense than that. Thanks for the heads-up.

NVcurmudgeon
11-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I heard it, too. Looks like old Harvey has told "The Rest of the story" on himself.

swheeler
11-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I've listened to him for years, guess I'm done for good now! I don't think I need to know "the rest of the story" Shame on Mr Harvey!

carpetman
11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Paul Harveys report seemed a contradiction. He said if animals could talk they would have voted-----He listed it as a good thing to issue spay nueter plates in Georgia. You really think dogs would have voted that in? Really think dogs want to grow old in that condition? Anybody know what Michigan dove law was voted out? Dove are migratory birds so would seem if their laws limit dove hunting it will make it better in other states? Might have been some law like the law of no more than three shells. My first ever gun was, rather is(still have it) a Win model 12 in 20 guage. It was plugged the day I got it so I don't even know how many they hold. There may have been one time hunting dove that I fired three shots. For the most part if you dont get them first two shots they are out of range by the third. There well may be some situations in waterfowl hunting where more than 3 shots would be a big advantage,but Ive not seen it.

garandsrus
11-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Carpetman,

MIchigan had a very limited season for a year ( 4 or 5 counties) a year or two ago which was our first season ever. The state was sued by one of the animal rights groups which put a "hold" on the season. The anti hunting group got a ballot proposal on the recent ballot asking the voters if there should be a dove season. The proposal was defeated (no season) by something like a 4-1 margin.

Michigan is one of only a handful of states that don't have a dove season. Yes, we grow them and then they fly to other states to get shot. It's a great deal for Ohio and Indiana!

John

carpetman
11-23-2006, 01:12 AM
garandsrus--Tks for the explanation on Michigan dove laws. I really dont understand their reasoning as doves are very prolific---right there with pigeons. Like pigeons they raise two young and both parents take part in setting on the eggs and feeding them and they mate for life. Pigeons might be a little more selective in nest sites. Dove will build nests in very unprotected places---yet seem to do ok. They raise more than one litter per year. Here in my yard I get three species---Inca(commonly called Mexican dove here)mourning and just in the past couple of years been getting white wing dove(they are big). I dont do it but could easily shoot several a day with an air gun. They stay here year around despite being classified as migratory.