PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 1887

Hednign
02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Im absolutely sure someone has asked this before, but I have had no luck getting my need satisfied.

Is there anyone still making 10 gauge paper hulls? Is there a way to make them? And I cant find 10 gauge brass anymore. Where did they go? I was pretty sure Magtec made them, but not anymore.

I could use plastic hulls, but it just doesnt fit an old 1887 the right way. To me that is like saying no to Sandra Bullock and yes to Barbra Streisand.

cajun shooter
02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Have you tried Precision Reloading or Ballastic Products? I saw where one of them was carring the 8 guage the other day and that is for industrial use only so they may have the 10. If not found at either of these go to the CAS CITY Forum and find a Dick Dastardly as he shoots the 10 gauge in cowboy matches. The 1887 was called by that name until the 1901 came out in 10 ga. only I shoot a replica of the 87 and it is a fun gun.

Hednign
02-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Thank you very much. I havent tried Mr D yet. Ill give him a beep right away....

An old 1897 has been in the familiy since the 1920`s. Still in use. My first choice when the hunting season starts.... The 87 has been on my want list for so long. Cant wait to shoot it....