PDA

View Full Version : Do you leave feedback?

Tom-ADC
02-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Do you leave feedback on sales or purchases?

RobS
02-28-2011, 01:43 AM
I voted sometimes:
When I first made a few purchases I didn't leave feed back because I didn't have it all figured out yet. Since, I've all but once had great experiences and have left good, positive feedback in the Straight Shooters thread. The one time things were not quite as stated however I was able to make do so feedback was simply not posted. Should I ever get shafted though I'll leave negative comments so others don't end up with the same fate. I'm a reasonable man though and won't drag a person's name through the mud unless they really screw things up and don't work to make it right.

justingrosche
02-28-2011, 01:56 AM
I am soooo guilty of not leaving good feed back. I have had nothing but good trades, buys, sells on this sight. everything always goes just as expected. But, I can offer this.... If I ever dealt with you, I was happy. LOL
Cheesy cop out, I know.
Justin

jmsj
02-28-2011, 01:56 AM
I have the same history on buying here as RobS. On my first purchases I don't think I left feedback on straight shooters and deadbeats. But the more I dealt with fellow members here on Swappin and sellin, the more great prople I met. RobS is a prime example of a good guy I met here. I feel that good guys should get the credit they deserve and dead beats should get the credit they deserve also. Even though I have not encountered a "dead beat" here I have had dealings with them on other sites and have left negative feedback on them.

stubshaft
02-28-2011, 02:11 AM
I try to always leave feedback. I think that an honest seller deserves to be rewarded and an unscrupulous one should be identified.

Lead Fred
02-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Do you leave feedback?

Nope,

Never looked, never posted, never knew it was there

cavalrymedic
02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
I have no idea how to leave feedback. So far, everyone I have dealt with has been excellent.

waksupi
02-28-2011, 03:19 AM
I usually don't just because I space it out, and have too much else to deal with. Anyone I have had any dealings with and need a recommendation from me, just ask, every one has been great to deal with.

missionary5155
02-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Good morning
Mostly on the newer fellers. The older crew that has been about awhile already has a good testimony that my scratchings has little it could do to improve.

94Doug
02-28-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm just as lame as Justin.

d

LUCKYDAWG13
02-28-2011, 06:42 AM
I have no idea how to leave feedback. So far, everyone I have dealt with has been excellent.

+1 how the heck do you leave feed back or look up a name ???

cheese1566
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I have not got into the habit of doing so on every occassion. I would hate to start now and offend anyone in the past or forget. If someone leaves one for me in a transaction, I will do the same.

Everyone here is pleasant to deal with!

But, I will not if they request one as there is another place on the Internet for that when you sell, IE Evilbay..... Plus, I shy away from selling postings when the seller says to "check my feedback" on Evilbay or other forums. I see it as they are only looking to sell stuff and not here for the overall good of the group and forum.

My 2 cents.

unclebill
02-28-2011, 10:18 AM
i always do.

AZ-Stew
02-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Just did a deal on another forum. Someone advertised a book my father in law was looking for. Contacted the guy, made arrangements and told him I'd toss in a few more $$ if necessary to get Priority Mail shipment. The guy said, "OK, send an extra $3", which I did. He then sent the book to my FIL via Parcel Post, claiming it cost too much to send it Priority. The book eventually arrived in good condition and my FIL was satisfied with it. I could have slammed the guy on that forum for charging extra and not following through with his promise on the shipping, but the possibility of having him slam me back on false charges wasn't worth it, considering that the book satisfied my FIL. He could also have gotten my e-mail address and spammed me, as someone on this forum did after a "lively" discussion we had using IM (not on the open part of this forum). I kept the discussion civil, but disagreed with him. He resorted to name calling and spamming. Many times bad feedback is not worth it.

I will occasionally give feedback on commercial web sites (Midway USA, etc.), but not always.

Regards,

Stew

steg
02-28-2011, 01:33 PM
On the bigger stuff I do, but purchases like casings, dies and such I don't bother, as a plus I will add that I've never had a deal go bad on this forum, on either end. I believe most of us are old school and know what it means to keep our word, if everyone was old school most of the Lawyers would starve.............................steg

Recluse
02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't because I refuse to buy from the "I'm only here to sell you stuff" members. We had a guy like that come around late last month/early this month peddling a bunch of range junk and trying to get new prices on them, plus shipping. This is a site for and about casting boolits that just happens to also have a swapping/selling section for its members. I have no use for traveling salesmen looking for the "next town" to sell their wares who have no interest in what this site is really about.

I do business with some of our Vendor/Sponsors and have had nothing but 100% Grade A+ positive dealings with them. But that's why Ken & Staff have them as Vendor/Sponsors. Anytime I have an opportunity to give them a plug during a discussion on one of the forum threads, I'll almost always do it. Bullshop and Randyrat are two good examples.

The occasional folks I buy stuff from are members just like me who were cleaning out their reloading bench or attic or came across some stuff they decided to sell.

More often than than not, these have been one-time transactions and my feedback wouldn't mean a hill of beans to anyone.

:coffee:

btroj
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
I said sometimes because I refuse to accept that at some point I might need/want to. I do not say anything however when a transaction goes smoothly because that is an expectation.

mtnman31
02-28-2011, 02:28 PM
On fleaBay and Gunbroker I started out leaving it for every transaction. After seeing that many sellers were lazy and didn't leave feedback, I stopped doing it unless they left me feedback. A seller is supposed to leave feedback once payment is received and not hold the buyer's feedback hostage pending the quality of the buyer's feedback.

Nowadays, as a buyer I leave feedback only if the seller has left it for me. I don't really sell a whole lot but as a seller, I hold feedback hostage. I politely explain to the buyer that people are lazy and if they as a buyer leave feedback for me I will gladly do the same. I also say that their leaving feedback lets me know that the transaction is completed and they are satisfied. It is not the correct way to do it but helps keep me from wasting my time leaving feedback for people who don't return the favor.

Bottom line is that good communication is key. In almost every case where the seller/buyer comunicated the outcome was positive feedback left for both parties. If a seller doesn't communicate with me - they are starting out with mediocre feedback. It doesn't matter how busy or how much volume they do - don't tell me a seller can't take 30 seconds to send me a note saying that they received payment and the item is shipping. When I receive the item I always let the seller know that I have it and am satisfied.

Fortunately, I haven't really been shafted yet so haven't had to leave BAD feedback on anyone. Worst I have experienced is long wait times and excessive shipping charges.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
You haven't seen the Gpal thread? LOTS of feedback there! Over 4300 posts! [smilie=p:

Tom-ADC
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I was thinking of the "For Sale" forum and the "Straight Shooter & Deadbeat" forum
The Gpal thread wasn't considered by me because I don't see it back in swap,sale trade etc.

Sprue
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I leave feedback sometimes, when the idea strikes me. Kinda like the cliche, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Or, in other words if a bad transaction has taken place ,we All, will know.

Call it Feedback if you like, but to me leaving (Good/Smooth/ A+++ etc.) type of Feedback of good Trades & Deals is a waist of Bandwidth.

In contrast, the lying, scammers & rip off artists should (as they do now) be plastered all over, via Sticky's .

Feedback in ALL the numerous Forums on the WWW, evidently is not a built in feature as in comparison to ummm fee bay . I'm sure the code could be written an pushed the servers but its un-necessary in my view.

So back to the OP, I see no reason to Post if everything goes smooth. Just Post a Sticky on deals gone bad is enough IMO. The way I see it is No News = Good News.

Ohio Rusty
02-28-2011, 08:24 PM
I enjoy leaving feedback. Folks on here go thru all kinds of things to see that we all buy good stuff from them. I appreciate that. So I like leaving good feedback. I have used the feed back forum several times to look up members selling things.
Ohio Rusty ><>

fatnhappy
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
sometimes.
I leave feedback if the transaction is noteworthy for some reason. I'm not enamored of feed back in instances of a seller mailing something for which he's already secured payment. I don't consider it particulary note worthy if a seller simply completes a transaction for which he's been paid, and my item remains unshipped for a period of time because the seller wants cash in hand first. Trust is a two way street and those instances demonstrate none on the seller's part.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I usually try to leave feedback, especially if a member is fairly new to the site.
BECAUSE, everytime I buy from a newbie, I look for feedback.
if a newbie even has only one positive feedback, I feel it
greatly lessens the chance of being screwed.
Jon

alamogunr
03-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I've never done it for the few transactions I've had here because I never thought of it. I always respond to the seller to let him know that I received the goods and was satisfied. All the transactions I've had here have been very positive. If I have ever had dealings with someone that was only here to sell, I wasn't aware of it.

John
W.TN