PDA

View Full Version : Any of you 'Smithies up to a challange?

justingrosche
02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
I need someone to look at a Marlin Camp 9 trigger group for me.
I had shot some hot sub machine gun ammo through it and it destroyed the hammer strut bridge, the recoil spring and the buffer. I made a strut bridge and replaced the buffer and recoil spring.
My problem now, when its all reassembled the trigger disconnector wont reach up far enough to push the sear to allow the hammer to fall when I depress the trigger.
I have had the entire assembly apart 20 or so times trying to figure it out, but each time I put it back together the same problem is there.Someone who has had one of these apart will understand my aggravation.
All of the parts are there. I just cant get my head around the problem.
So I would love to send the trigger group to someone that has experience with the Marlin trigger groups and have them reassemble/ diagnose/ and fix this thing. I'd be happy to pay to for your time. PM me please.
Justin

arjacobson
02-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I took apart my camp carbine in 45 auto... What a bear to put back together. I ended up using bic pen liners for false pins. Are you sure you don't have one of the parts flipped around.? also make sure you have the clip in it or it will not work right. I took mine apart 3 times until I figured out this bit of info:evil:..

arjacobson
02-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh yeah-you can still get parts for these fairly easy at midway and brownells. If no one else can help you out I will give it a shot free of charge..

justingrosche
02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Arjacobson, I appreciate your offer, but at this point I need some one to have a pretty good idea what the problem is before even looking at it. I feel that I'm a pretty decent gun tink, and I need something more than just someone giving it a whack. Been there done that. I hope you don't take offense.
I have a feeling that I'll just sent the trigger group to Marlin repair center if none of the sign hanging gunsmiths respond.
Best Regards, Justin

arjacobson
02-28-2011, 10:34 PM
not a problem..

John Taylor
03-02-2011, 01:56 AM
I would be willing to look at it.

justingrosche
03-08-2011, 02:58 AM
John, I do thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, I have already sent the rifle to Alhmans in Minn.

justingrosche
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Well, just got the rifle back from Alhmans. Un fixed. There gunsmith said I need a whole new lower receiver. I dont know for certain that they even pulled the trigger group apart to inspect it or they just went for the easiest alternative of replacing the entire lower receiver. Of course, there are no complete lower receivers available. Needless to say, but I'm a little frustrated with Alhmans. Had I of had the opportunity to discuss with the actual gunsmith before I sent the rifle, he perhaps could have told me there were no parts available and my rifle wouldn't have taken a $70 round trip to Minnesota for nothing. :(
So I guess I'll do what I should have done in the first place and called John Taylor, who's shop is less than 20 miles from me.
John, PM coming.

arjacobson
03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
They are a bit tricky to work on but I have got fairly good at it. One trick you can use to put the lower receiver and upper receiver together without screwing up the feeding ramp....use a folded up pc of styrofoam plate under the feedramp from the front.. When you get the pins in you just pull the styrofoam out the front.. Works every time and the feedramp is in the proper position. I still think the one part you have(cannot remember the name of it) is just turned around. I had the same thing happen..BTW I am also pretty sure you do not need a complete receiver..