PDA

View Full Version : Help with Husquvarna bolt disassembly

inthebeech
02-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I have a commercial mauser built by Husky and I'd like to disasembe the bolt but it doesn't have the M70 / mauser three position style; it has a two position and in Safe, the bolt is locked down, so there isn't that convenient style of take down that we get from the mentioned models.
Could I hear some advice on how to best take down the bolt? I am familiar with the M-700 as well but I haven't yet tried to hook the bolt's cocking notch on the edge of the work table, etc.
Thoughts?

Ed

shawnsmc
02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
From what you are describing it sounds like you will need to do it just like the remington. Either hook the cocking piece on the side of a solid surface like your work bench or use a pair of vice grips. Then pull the cocking piece out far enough so you can place a penny or other material to keep the cocking piece from moving forward. Then you can unscrew the shroud from the bolt body.

KCSO
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Either use smooth jawed flat face pliers or a bolt hook to hold the cocking piiece back while you unscrew it. If you have to use regular pliers glue a piece of belt leather on the jaws.