PDA

View Full Version : Day at the range with M48 (sort of)

singleshotbuff
11-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Gentlemen,

Looked outside this morning and saw sunshine so I decided to shoot my M48 Yugo Mauser with some Jword loads I'm working on. I went outside and it was about 36 degrees, cold but bearable for bench shooting.

I got all set up with sandbags and put up my targets at 50 yards. I fired a fouling group (I had cleaned the gun last night) then proceded to shoot my first "for score" group.

WOW!! The smallest group I have ever fired with this gun with any load. 3 shots, less than 3/4" center to center! Good start!

As I was firing my next group, the wind picked up considerably and blew the group open to about 1 3/4" (at least the wind is my excuse [smilie=1: ).

As I fired my first shot of group number 3, the wind REALLY started blowing and blew my target stand over! As I was walking down to put it back up, the sky clouded over and it started sleeting. So much for shooting groups today. I'll try it again tomorrow, weather is supposed to be better, 40s and sunny.

I'm really excited to continue testing of this load, it shows the most promise so far of any tested. I just hope this small group is not a fluke. Both groups fired were nice and round, no stringing.

The load used was;

Winchester case, sized in a Lee Collet Die.

WLR primer

48.0grs of IMR-4320

Rem 185gr SP Jword bullet

No crimp

SSB

mag_01
11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Dont give up