PDA

View Full Version : Gun Leather?

Bass Ackward
11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I have out grown my cartrigde belt and I am in love with the one I got. Most comfortable rig I have ever worn.

I wonder if anyone can help me identify the shop in Gainesville Ga that makes gun leather. I have a rig made by Ron Ki..... and that is all that can be read. I have tried searching on the net. Can someone fill in the blanks and maybe provide a phone number? Thanks.

carpetman
11-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Bass Akwards---Where you are probably just needing a few more inches of length on the cartridge belt,it might be possible an extension could be added that wouldn't show. It may be that the tip of the belt would hide it. If rivets or snaps were used originally you may be able to use sex screws(screw posts many call them).

Four Fingers of Death
11-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Might be able to cut it at the back and install a new belt extender with a pouch for your used brass to match the belt, would be so noticeable then.

carpetman
11-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Bass Akward---4FingerMick had a good idea for you. Here's another. Get the glove compartment off a small car. Cut the belt and attach to either side of the glove box which will give added length. Then you can use it for concealed carry and nobody will know you are packing. Be sure and get the key to the box so you can lock it---glad I could help.

wills
11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Chicago screws? http://www.eleathersupply.com/fasteners.shtml

I Un-Grew and all my belts became too large.

redneckdan
11-20-2006, 09:30 PM
i've been impressed with el paso saddlrey's leather, mighty fine work.

Beau Cassidy
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Kirkpatrick Leather Co???

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/

They have a Laredo Addy. Seems like it Ron Kirkpatrick leather.

Beau

EDK
11-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I think (!) the maker is Ron Kibler, but it's been awhile since I heard anything about him or his work.

I share your pain. There's some real nice Milt Sparks belts hanging in my closet that mysteriously shrank....kinda like the girl singer who ain't seen her feet in years!:castmine:

sundog
11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Bass, grown out of it? That happens with leather. Doncha know.... Shrinks with age. Truth. I know. Wanna know how belts I have? Naw, ya wounna want ta know that.

McKnights Leather, http://www.mcknightsleather.com/

Guarownteeed quality stuff! Fo Sho!

I wouldn't trade my belts and holsters for any others. Period. And, Larry is quite a gentleman. I always make it a point to go by and say "hey" at the Wannamacher gun show in Tulsa. I ain't awhoofin' ya, this is quality stuff! He even 'remade' one of his prior creations after my Buddy dog chewed off the end of it (I was just a little more than PO'd that day when I came home). That holster now fits another with a shorter bbl. and still functions just as greatly, so the mutt lucked out after all. My Buddy has quit chewing so much now that he has grown up a bit. Larry did a fine job rebuilding that one.

I've also got a LH western style for a 1911 from San Pedro Saddlery in Tombstone, with matching mag pouch, all top quality leather, top quality workmanship, and I'm very well impressed. Ain't nuthin' like a good piece of leather to go with a good piece. Know what I mean? Eye candy dressed in leather.... Ain't nuthin' like it! sundog

AZ-Stew
11-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Bass,

When I couldn't find what I wanted through normal channels, I had this gent (http://www.wmbrownholster.com/) make me a Jordan-style Border Patrol holster for a 5" M-27 Smith a few years ago. The quality was outstanding and the price very reasonable. He had never had a similar request before, so I was slightly concerned that it might not be a proper fit, but it came out perfect, first try, and I did not leave the gun with him. Whatever your needs, I'm sure he'll fill them to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Stew

Bass Ackward
11-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks Guys. This is mighty hard to explain. I have made do in my life with a lot of .... functional leather. This was my first experience with good leather.

This is a plain Jane, left handed cross draw outfit that was soft and supple from day one. The belt is a 2 1/2"er that is sewn with two belts back to back so the inside is as smooth as the outside. While soft and pliable, it distributes and handles the weight like a 4" belt because it won't rotate or twist. And because it is smooth inside, it just works into a nice fit.

Can anyone else do? Why probably a hundred places. But the work and comfort of that rig has won loyalty from me. And I found him thanks to you. It was Ron Kibler.

I called him yesterday afternoon and he laughed at my dilema. He told me I shouldn't hang them in the closet because they shrink. I told him that my old belt fit just fine. Problem was that I had to be naked to get it on. And while my wife fancied that look, the neighbors sorta didn't. When he finished laughing, he took the order.

Thanks for your time.

carpetman
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Wills---What your link showed as a Chicago Screw is what I was talking about. I've heard sex screw is the real name for them.

gregg
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
How do you contact Ron Kibler. Is there a web page?

Bass Ackward
11-21-2006, 10:58 PM
How do you contact Ron Kibler. Is there a web page?

Greg,

http://www.rodkiblersaddlery.com/