PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Pointing Molds

Poygan
05-27-2005, 12:50 PM
A few weeks back I PMed Buckshot about hollow pointing some molds. He was agreeable so I sent him a single cav Lyman 358311 and a double cav Lyman 452374. I received them yesterday and gave them a test hop last night...they worked great! I like the two cav better because it drops both a solid nose and a HP with each cast. It may also heat up better than the single cav. He also made pins to replace the HP pins so I can use them as a solid nose if I want to. For an extra $2 per pin, I like having the option. He made a mold screw that I broke, plus a pin for a 429421.

He said that Lee molds couldn't be HPed because of the placement of the steel pins.

So, if you've been thinking about doing something similar, give him a shout.

Now for the disclaimer which I believe is required by the state of Kalifornia: I do not receive any fees, commissions, salaries, bonuses, Christmas or birthday presents from Buckshot for the above endorsement. I am not related to him or anyone in his family (to the best of my knowledge).

buck1
05-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks !! I have a coupple in mind my self. I just havent found the mould yet. ...buck

beagle
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Aaaah boys! You're playing my tune here. A hollow point mould always beats a solid for shooting purposes.

I've had almost 70 modified now and in every case, I can truthfully say that the HP version shot better than the solids did. Think it moves the center of gravity back a bit.

Now, a HP is not for every purpose and some say that they're hard to cast but I don't find that to be true. Just a bit more time consuming.

Glad to see someone else is thing like me and Crazy Mark do./beagle