PDA

View Full Version : Primers at Cabelas

*Paladin*
02-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Heads up all- I was in Cabelas this morning and CCI Small Rifle primers are on sale again. They were selling for $19.99 per thousand. I don't know, but I assume this sale would be at all of the Cabelas locations. Anyway, worth checking on if you need small rifle primers...

Edited to say: Just checked and yes, they are showing $19.99 on the website too.

Lead Fred
02-25-2011, 02:17 AM
and I happen to be going there, cool

Only Sml rifle is that cheap $31 for Large

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CCI-Primers-Per-1000/731748.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dprimers%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeade r%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=primers&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

JIMinPHX
02-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the tip. they are on the shelf at Cabella's in Glendale AZ at that price too.

bjeffv
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
wow that is a gr8 deal, finally! Gotta go check for some.

44fanatic
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank goodness there is not a Cabela's around here, I would spend to much money.

P.K.
02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Thank goodness there is not a Cabela's around here, I would spend to much money.

Says a man who knows right where Mid-South is right? ;-)

Jal5
02-25-2011, 04:58 PM
sounds good I am going there this weekend!

44fanatic
02-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Says a man who knows right where Mid-South is right? ;-)

15 minutes down the interstate. Good thing I cant go in there and window shop...I need this, I want that...

P.K.
02-25-2011, 08:52 PM
15 minutes down the interstate. Good thing I cant go in there and window shop...I need this, I want that...

About the same for me, although it's a double whammy for me with the bike shop right next door. ;-)

*Paladin*
02-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the tip. they are on the shelf at Cabella's in Glendale AZ at that price too.

No problem. I figured ya'll might need some primers... :drinks:

frankenfab
02-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Wow, that is good to hear. I stopped at Gander Mt. the other day because ii is right before Sam's Club. I just wanted to see what primer prices there were like. $3.99 per hundred, and they were all single 100 packs, placed in bins. No bricks. I am thinking alot of bad words about what they can do with their price.

I usually wait and go in with at least one other person and order a bunch of primers when I need some.

P.K.
02-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Wow, that is good to hear. I stopped at Gander Mt. the other day because ii is right before Sam's Club. I just wanted to see what primer prices there were like. $3.99 per hundred, and they were all single 100 packs, placed in bins. No bricks. I am thinking alot of bad words about what they can do with their price.

I usually wait and go in with at least one other person and order a bunch of primers when I need some.

Sounds like they were last on the bandwagon and trying to make up the loss. I have one of their stores less than 150 miles from me. Always wanted to make the trip but if they are pulling a "Sportsmans Warehouse" I'll pass. While living in Lexington, KY SW came in and cut the market on just about everything in shooting sports. At first I thought it was pretty cool that I could get shot, powder bullets and primers 10% less than anywhere else. Alot of folks did and sales of those countered sales in other departments. Well they folded in a year. Sales of ALL reloading supplies equalized and SW suffered trying to undercut the market. They closed shop in Lexington. Dunno how they did elsewhere....

Elkins45
02-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Sounds like they were last on the bandwagon and trying to make up the loss. I have one of their stores less than 150 miles from me. Always wanted to make the trip but if they are pulling a "Sportsmans Warehouse" I'll pass. While living in Lexington, KY SW came in and cut the market on just about everything in shooting sports. At first I thought it was pretty cool that I could get shot, powder bullets and primers 10% less than anywhere else. Alot of folks did and sales of those countered sales in other departments. Well they folded in a year. Sales of ALL reloading supplies equalized and SW suffered trying to undercut the market. They closed shop in Lexington. Dunno how they did elsewhere....

They reopened that store about a year ago. That's after completely liquidating everything inside it including shelving and fixtures. No telling how much that cost them. I have no idea if the store is sustaining itself.

Tom Herman
02-26-2011, 04:16 PM
So Well they folded in a year. Sales of ALL reloading supplies equalized and SW suffered trying to undercut the market. They closed shop in Lexington. Dunno how they did elsewhere....

PK,

I haven't been in a SW here in ages. They never had anything on the shelves, and the answer was always that "the truck is supposed to be here any day"... I got tired of the excuses.
Then the got bought out, and the new owners were no better.
I'm just going to buy online or from a catalog unless people have reasonable prices AND the goods in stock.
Happy Shootin'! -Tom

*Paladin*
02-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow! I'm surprised you guys are having issues with Sportsman's. I have been a fan of Sportsman's since I lived in Alaska. I normally get my primers and powders at SW because they are generally a couple bucks cheaper on powders and primers than Cabelas. Too bad some of their other stores aren't as squared away...

Digger
02-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Price coming down a bit ? , just picked up some Winchester sp at about the same price in the Miwall booth at the local gun show here in Reno .......

JIMinPHX
02-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Miwall is a good outfit. I've gotten a lot of good deals from them. It's hard to believe that they are based in CA, where the gun laws are so insane.

Lead Fred
02-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Two things I'd like to add.

One is they also have Winchester primers on sale. I bought them instead. They have a bit less pressure than the CCIs, and they are a lot less variation. They burn a micro bit less hotter.

The second is, The per 100 box price is less than the carton of 1000. I took one out of the box and made the girl ring it up 10 times.
Cost for the carton on sale $30.99. Price per each box, $2.88

Digger
02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
With Paladin's notice about the sale and my personal primer count ( start getting nervous around "x" thousand in stock ) also fuel cost .... thought it was time to get a few more .
Components will be going up along with everything else ?

P.K.
03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
They reopened that store about a year ago. That's after completely liquidating everything inside it including shelving and fixtures. No telling how much that cost them. I have no idea if the store is sustaining itself.

Not sure how I feel about that, on one hand I am happy for the jobs they may be providing. On the other it was their "screw them" attitude to the little guy's in the area that soured my attitude for them.

PK,

I haven't been in a SW here in ages. They never had anything on the shelves, and the answer was always that "the truck is supposed to be here any day"... I got tired of the excuses.
Then the got bought out, and the new owners were no better.
I'm just going to buy online or from a catalog unless people have reasonable prices AND the goods in stock.
Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Tom I have had fantastic results with Midway and Midsouth, the latter even more so since I can phone in an order and pick it up a lunch the same day.;)

Dframe
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Same here.